PDA

View Full Version : apa twister clearance

boobowbender
04-22-2011, 12:36 PM
finally got the timing, but i am concerned about clearance in my twister. getting right tears. My dealer couldn't solve it by moving rest then figured my release was culprit. He told me not to touch the rest! I don't know? I did get one random bullet hole

Simple Life
04-22-2011, 01:37 PM
Right tear,move rest to left in very small increments.Never seen that rest before till now,and there is not much room for error on that.Don't take that the wrong way BB,you will have to make fine adjustment to have perfect fletch clearance.

boobowbender
04-22-2011, 01:48 PM
thanks sl, looked it up in owners manual. decided to move rest anyway. I got the left right thing but now every few shots get low tear. maybe its my form

HawgEnvy
04-22-2011, 02:32 PM
thanks sl, looked it up in owners manual. decided to move rest anyway. I got the left right thing but now every few shots get low tear. maybe its my form

have someone snap pics of you at full draw. Head to toe,anchor points,hand placement on the grip,from the waste up,"broadside" to the camera,and from both sides.

make sure there's an arrow on the string,and set up a target at shoulder height to aim at while pics are taken. We can get your form straightened up,too,if need be.

cyclepath
04-22-2011, 03:06 PM

Try walk back tuning and see what happens. Start at about 10 feet then go back to 5 yards, then ten yards and so on. If you tears are the same you know it is the tuning. If your tears are all over the place you will know it is your form. You can also try bare shaft tuning if you have some.