PDA

View Full Version : string wax

sqearl
04-23-2011, 03:46 PM
what kind of wax should i use on the slide of these new martin silencers

bfisher
04-23-2011, 03:51 PM
what kind of wax should i use on the slide of these new martin silencers

If you are referring to the cable TRG I wouldn't recommend using any kind of wax. Use wax on the string and cable as you normally would and enough will rub off onto the TRG to lubricate it.

SonnyThomas
04-23-2011, 04:40 PM
If you are referring to the cable TRG I wouldn't recommend using any kind of wax. Use wax on the string and cable as you normally would and enough will rub off onto the TRG to lubricate it.

Times 2 ----

Hutch~n~Son Archery
04-23-2011, 06:52 PM
Sonny Thomas and Bfisher are correct. Wax protects the string and cables, it coats the outer surface and inner of the string so that it will slide freely and cause less friction.

Hutch:cool:

Simple Life
04-24-2011, 02:42 AM
Some guys have found regular string wax around the TRG tends to make kinda of a mess.I think a couple members use Bohnings Xcellerator string conditioner and I use Scorpion Venom Polymeric Bowstring Wax which seems to lube the TRG without the mess.

leeindy
04-24-2011, 09:17 PM
exxcelerator works alot better than regular stuff with no mess

mudpig
04-25-2011, 06:21 AM
++ Bohnings Xcellerator on the cables near the TRG rugular string was on the rest of the cables and string

wick
04-26-2011, 06:33 AM

I agree. I've found that wax just won't take to the TRG. Just be sure to wax the shooting string low enough that you coat the entire length of travel. I inspect mine before i shoot and wax after every time. I feel waxing afterwards gives the wax more time to take to the strings before your next shooting session.