PDA

View Full Version : Shooting multple brands

rpalt1
04-24-2011, 07:51 AM
Can I shoot different brand arrows with the same results I use ics 400 hunters and have an oppertunity to pick up some carbon expres for next nothing. Is it to hard to match arrow specs from one to another?

cyclepath
04-24-2011, 09:15 AM
Can I shoot different brand arrows with the same results I use ics 400 hunters and have an oppertunity to pick up some carbon expres for next nothing. Is it to hard to match arrow specs from one to another?

You can use different arrows but don't expect them to shoot the same. I was using the bemans also but tryed some of my friends st.axis arrows and I was sold. Yes they did fly different even being the same 400 spine arrows. If you can get these carbon express arrows for cheep and they will work with your bow then it's up to you. If you can try them first before you buy them better yet. You will probably have to retune your arrow rest alittle for the new arrows. Let us know what happens.

SonnyThomas
04-24-2011, 12:02 PM
Like cyclepath noted, results will vary, but re-tuning is not always necessary and depends on what you are shooting. Some of us shoot fat arrows for paper and then go to thinner arrows for 3D and never change anything, just adjust our sights or sight settings.
Heres' something about like brands of arrows. Weight may vary - from hardly anything to a lot. Outside diameter may vary a slight bit. Spine may vary a bit. Example. 400 versus 404. The inserts may vary in length and weight and the flange (exposed part) may be flush with the shaft or slightly under, slightly over or flared (Victory). Of course, glue in points are something different.

NeilM
04-24-2011, 12:07 PM
I've tried this with my ShadowCat.

When I bought the bow I had some 340 Sky Art shaft in stock which worked well, so unable to get another set of the same shafts I bought some 340 Lightspeeds (my favourite arrow). Both are the same length and are a similar weight, both are fletched with the same vanes, but the Sky Art arrows consistently land higher. So I either set the sights for one or the other, but I can't mix them.

Money Man
04-24-2011, 07:02 PM
I have a couple different arrows. When I got my bow, I had a couple friends give me their old arrows to get used to shooting. I have some CX300's for hunting with, but I have some other carbon express and a couple gold tips. I know the GT and the other CX's hit a little high as they are cut a little shorter and therefore weight a little less. They hit a little higher than the ones I hunt with, but when I am just flinging arrows, I know that these will not hit where I aim, so it forces me to work more on my form. I also aim a little low so I don't go over the top of the target.