PDA

View Full Version : bow turbo on a martin?

cyclepath
04-24-2011, 08:18 PM
I am so full of usless information it scares me. I surf so much I feel waterlogged. I have noticed a new thing (to me anyway) called a bow turbo. Supposedly 40 fps extra with these. Has anyone heard of these things or tryed them? Do they work? Where to you put them?

NuttyNative
04-24-2011, 08:32 PM
Sounds like an overdraw of some sorts.

justin
04-25-2011, 03:09 AM
its closer to a ccs system. i suspect it adds 5-8 pounds of draw weight and makes you shoot faster..... on there website they blatently ignore ibo ratings for aarow weight....

bfisher
04-25-2011, 04:09 AM
It's an item similar to a roller guard that clamps onto the cable rod and acts similar to the CCS in that instead of sliding on the rod it holds the cables in a static position while drawing the bow. One of the ways it adds speed is in that it adds an effective 1/2" to
1" of draw length, depending on where it's positioned on the rod. As mentioned by justin it also adds a considerable amount of draw weight to the bow. These two things are where the extra speed comes from by adding more preload to the limbs.

Most bow companies, Hoyt being one, have stated flat out that the use of the Bow Turbo will void the warranty on any of their bows. Martin gets around the extra preloading by using cables 1/2" longer on bows using their CCS vs a regular cable slide.

Without stating more details, which I don't know anyway, this is about as simple as I can say it. My main concern would be that if the setscrew holding it in place would somehow fail this thing could act like a rocket sliding off the back of the rod toward the shooter.

SonnyThomas
04-25-2011, 05:53 AM
As noted, it mulitiplies the draw weight.

Spiker
04-25-2011, 05:57 AM
Snake Oil.
And snakes bite.