PDA

View Full Version : Control string length

libertytoo
04-25-2011, 09:49 AM
I have a 2009 Firehawk that I absolutely love and have had a little accident and need to replace the control cable. It's one of the twisted helix on the C.A.T.duo cams. I think it's 36". A part number would help. My local Martin "dealer" is as useful as T'S on a boar.

bfisher
04-25-2011, 10:06 AM
You can check the Tech Info for your bow on the Martin website. The chart says 35 3/4" for the cable. If you have shot the bow much I would err on the safe side and get the string and cables replaced, just to make sure you get a matched set.

And while you're at it it'd probably be best to order a set from some aftermarket string maker like H&M. These are pretty reasonable and pretty high quality to boot. Much better than the Helix.

nnelzon23
04-25-2011, 01:10 PM
I agree that you should replace the string set with a custom set. I have used winners choice and 60x on two bows that came with helix strings. I bet you will be surprised with how much you enjoy custom strings over helix. 60x strings were half the price of winners choice and I am equally happy with both.

libertytoo
04-25-2011, 03:10 PM
Thanks to both!