PDA

View Full Version : anchor points

timbow
04-28-2011, 06:34 PM
I was just wondering where everyone likes to anchor thier bow. I had my anchor point set with the string at the corner of my mouth and my nose on the string and it was perfect. then i twisted up my shooting string because it didn't have many twists in it and now I can anchor it where i use to. my sight is adjusted all the way down and when i anchor it how i use to i hit low. then when i move my peep up to give my sight some adjusting room my anchor point is off again i cant seem to get it where i want it.:confused:

HawgEnvy
04-29-2011, 02:44 AM
I can never remember w/o messin w it. I think if if you move your peep,you have to move the kisser,also. Forgive me. It's too early to know what I'm talking about. Lol

Money Man
04-29-2011, 03:20 AM
Did you twist the string because ATA was out of spec or just to put more twists in the string?

Hutch~n~Son Archery
04-29-2011, 03:39 AM
If you twisted your string, you have moved your nocking point and your peep. Make sure your arrow nock point is in the right place. Once you have that done, draw the bow level with your eyes closed, then anchor and open your eyes, if you see out your peep is in the right place. If not set your peep in place and tune your bow.

Hutch:cool: