PDA

View Full Version : the cry of frustration help lol

polaris754
05-01-2011, 03:39 AM
hey guys i am really haven some problems my bow its a 08 saber , dang thing was shootin great! I am not a expert but dose anyone have any clues what I should look for ,I cant group anymore, and no matter what I adjust its not helping , i had my son shoot it and its about the same for him , so I dont think its operator error, I have cotton ball checked the limbs for cracks[ looks good ] and the strings and the cables[look good] ata at 32 and a 1/4, i checked all the fasteners I did find one of the mod screws was all most out as it turns out stripped ,repaired but its not the problem the accuracy started to get worse the tail end of the season last year and is getting worse , when i got this bow back from martin after the limbs had to be replaced , i was wackin beer caps at 20 yds pretty consistent dang i even got 6 rh give me your thoughts folks:(

Scott
05-01-2011, 05:55 AM
Mine was shooting bullets. I let it sit for several months and then took it out. i couldn't hit a 10" plate at 30 yards. Come to find out the d loop had moved and the fletch's were hitting the string. The alan screws loosened up letting the rod rotate. Turned it back and tightened up the alan screws, and fixed the serving under the d loop. It seems like bows are in a constant state of tune.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
05-01-2011, 06:15 AM
Hey Polaris754, Here is an odd thing to check. Check at full draw and see if you have any cam or idler lean, also limb twist. Just a shot in the dark but after sitting a while it might have changed and that would causing side to side string oscillation. Also are the groups you are having, up and down or side to side. Arrows hitting up and down are usually string and rest problems. Arrows side to side are usually clearance issues or string oscillation.

Hutch:cool:

cjchasman
05-01-2011, 11:01 AM
hey guys i am really haven some problems my bow its a 08 saber , dang thing was shootin great! I am not a expert but dose anyone have any clues what I should look for ,I cant group anymore, and no matter what I adjust its not helping , i had my son shoot it and its about the same for him , so I dont think its operator error, I have cotton ball checked the limbs for cracks[ looks good ] and the strings and the cables[look good] ata at 32 and a 1/4, i checked all the fasteners I did find one of the mod screws was all most out as it turns out stripped ,repaired but its not the problem the accuracy started to get worse the tail end of the season last year and is getting worse , when i got this bow back from martin after the limbs had to be replaced , i was wackin beer caps at 20 yds pretty consistent dang i even got 6 rh give me your thoughts folks:(

I wonder how many times the bow was shot b4 you discovered the stripped screw. You may have cycled the bow several times and the buggered up screw may have damaged the cam bearing by forcing pressure to one side or at least may have affected the way the cam rotated during cycle. 2nd, I too had an experience with a rod, but mine cracked inside the sleave of the riser. Everytime I drew the bow the cable slide acted differently. Good Luck.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
05-01-2011, 11:06 AM
I wonder how many times the bow was shot b4 you discovered the stripped screw. You may have cycled the bow several times and the buggered up screw may have damaged the cam bearing by forcing pressure to one side or at least may have affected the way the cam rotated during cycle. 2nd, I too had an experience with a rod, but mine cracked inside the sleave of the riser. Everytime I drew the bow the cable slide acted differently. Good Luck.
cjchasman has another very good point here, the rod it will change everything in the way a bow shoots.

HUTCH:cool:

martinbowhunter
05-01-2011, 12:23 PM
All of the above, plus check for clearance on your rest, maybe your nocking point is to low or to high now, due maybe to some string stretch. How i check for fletching clerance after seting my nocking point is by simply spraying foot powder on the last 6" of the arrow or you could just spray it on the rest......

Hutch~n~Son Archery
05-01-2011, 12:42 PM
All of the above, plus check for clearance on your rest, maybe your nocking point is to low or to high now, due maybe to some string stretch. How i check for fletching clerance after seting my nocking point is by simply spraying foot powder on the last 6" of the arrow or you could just spray it on the rest...... Bet those arrows don't have athletes feet.:rolleyes:

polaris754
05-01-2011, 01:21 PM
ok just got back from the indoor range , first couple shots wow!!!!!!!!!!!!! very bad ,checked the paper fer bullet holes good grrrrrrrrrrrr scratches head , ok i moved the peep double checked all the screws again and the rod , everythings ok as far as i can see im loosen it fer sure dang i dont want to buy another bow right now , in frustration i quit fer now i will get back to it later , i have a funny feeling ,and because i didnt measure it the ata is off , the last thing i looked at is the top idler appears to be off at full draw , but i would think it would eat the strings ? not buy much or it is a illusion:confused:

martinbowhunter
05-01-2011, 01:53 PM
Bet those arrows don't have athletes feet.:rolleyes:

Oh Hutch, everyone knows it to prevent your arrows from getting athletes foot:p

martinbowhunter
05-01-2011, 01:57 PM
ok just got back from the indoor range , first couple shots wow!!!!!!!!!!!!! very bad ,checked the paper fer bullet holes good grrrrrrrrrrrr scratches head , ok i moved the peep double checked all the screws again and the rod , everythings ok as far as i can see im loosen it fer sure dang i dont want to buy another bow right now , in frustration i quit fer now i will get back to it later , i have a funny feeling ,and because i didnt measure it the ata is off , the last thing i looked at is the top idler appears to be off at full draw , but i would think it would eat the strings ? not buy much or it is a illusion:confused:

Hey could you give a little more detail? Like DW, DL and type of arrow's? Thanks

polaris754
05-02-2011, 04:24 PM
ok just a up date hutch u may be on to something here,just for s***n g*** i normally hold my bow in the yoke of my hand open , i have always shot this way ,well to give it a go i decided to grip the grip , and the things shootin not to bad at all actually pretty good , but i do feel all the vibration in my hand now , i think with a little mind melt on shooting this way i could be happy , so hutch or maybe archer 7 ,what would be causeing that type of problem , the variance seems to be r/l , but more to the right if i shoot hand open in the yoke of my hand , i did shoot the bow at paper sat , and was shocked i was gettin b h , other than that i moved the peep , but put it back, i did not adjust anything else , really the rest looks good nock looks good , and everything else except the idler has a very little lean at f d , i would call it from 1 o clock to 7 o clock positions :confused: dw 70# dl 30 gold tips 400 spine bow draws as smooth as silk , and it is not noisey on release its pretty quiet

martinbowhunter
05-02-2011, 06:20 PM
sell it and buy a new one.:o wire may be twisted or cam may be leaning i had that problem with my pantera 08 .. check to make sure u dont have a crack in your limbs and che

Is this the 08 pantera you wanted to sell me for 2 hundo?? lol

Ehunter
05-03-2011, 04:37 AM
Polaris, I had the same problem when I switched from my old FC to my 2011. The cure was to set the bow slightly farther out towards my thumb when I shot. Still use a relaxed hand, but I moved the bow out maybe 1/4 inch towards my thumb. Just for the hell of it, you might try this and see if it helps. I went from huge groups at 40 yards, down to a 3 inch group or better.

wscywabbit
05-03-2011, 08:34 AM
this may seem a little off, but do you have a whisker biscuit? The reason I ask, it that I had the same problems and drove myself nuts trying to figure it out... then I replaced the insert and BAMB! fixed. I now replace the insert every year as the bristles wear out after a while and I shoot alot.

polaris754
05-03-2011, 04:37 PM
i dont know what exactly what u mean e hunter , holding the bow out a quarter ? and have the old 2 prong rest i was weened on one and cant seem to change to anything newer:rolleyes:

Ehunter
05-03-2011, 05:06 PM
Polaris, When I got my new FC400, I had a heck of a time getting it to group. I was placing it in my bow hand just like I did with my '09 FC, and every other bow I've ever shot. Then I tried moving the riser slightly farther out from the palm of my hand, towards my thumb, when I shot. About 1/4 inch. Started getting good groups then. I realise you are shooting the same bow as you always have, just thought it might be worth trying. I think my problem arose from the new "thinner" risers Martin is making now. Just didn't fit my bow hand like the older risers. One last thing that popped into mind, have you looked to make sure that the prongs on your rest are still level? Level the bow shelf, then check the prongs for level. Never can tell when something might have gotten bumped accidentally.

polaris754
05-05-2011, 04:40 PM
been lookin at all that stuff e hunter , all things still lookin good thats y i cant fig it out i am really gettin wacked out on this , normally u see something wrong I CANT SEE IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! am so frustrated ,werds are few , DANG I DONT WANT TO BUY A NEW BOW :rolleyes:

Destroyer
05-07-2011, 04:22 AM
dw 70# dl 30 gold tips 400 spine

Cough, cough. ;)

justin
05-07-2011, 05:04 AM
ehh... he said they worked before...

Simple Life
05-07-2011, 02:41 PM
I agree with Destroyer,a little too much bow for 5575,you might want to try turning it down or use 7595's.

Destroyer
05-07-2011, 03:56 PM
ehh... he said they worked before...

Just went through some old posts and polaris754's draw length was 29" now 30"?

you might want to try turning it down

The less expensive way. ;)