PDA

View Full Version : new fixed pin sight suggestions?

justin
05-02-2011, 02:49 PM
i may be in the market for a new fixed pin sight. any suggestions out there? i may just end up making some modifications on an old sight.....

Arrow Splitter
05-02-2011, 03:20 PM
I'll assume that you're talking about a single pin sight. If you are, the Truglo Range Rover is an excellent sight. It's so bright that it doesn't need a light(even when I went hunting I didn't a light:cool:).

A.S

Ehunter
05-02-2011, 03:32 PM
I bought a Copper John Gravedigger sight last fall. 5 pin model. Liked it enough I bought another one to replace the sights on another bow of mine. My favorite sight so far is a Cobra Boomslang. 6 pins, very bright, and a good sturdy sight. I bought both at Sportsmansguide for a lot less than any local shop was offering them for. I'd rather keep things local, but the price difference was too much to pass up. As far as a single pin, I have never used one, so can't give any advise on them. lol

Scott
05-02-2011, 03:40 PM
I thought about buying one, the HHA is nice. But then I started to think, no it wasn't that bad. So it's dusk/dawn, you turn the light on to see the pin, now you need to turn on a flash light to see the yard makings on the tape. Kind of a no brainer on that one, better off with a 4-5-6 pin. Unless you plan on shooting in the day light all the time.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
05-02-2011, 04:39 PM
My son got a truglo extreme tool less 5pin and I will have to admit its nice and well built

Hutch:cool:

HawgEnvy
05-02-2011, 05:26 PM
I've got an Apex Atomic single fixed pin. Well built and very bright. I'm considering the opposite,though. I'm enjoying the Viper multi-pin quite a bit. It's the first sight I've used that's not a single pin. I'm thinking switching to a multi pin instead of the single pin.

on that note,if anyone is interested in a swap,let me know via PM.

justin
05-02-2011, 06:13 PM
im not looking for a single pin. i was looking into a 7pin, or so. i got to playing around and stuffed all of my apex pins into my truglo frame, adjusted to where i though my 20 pin should be and then went and shot 20, 30, 40, 50, and 60 yards all of the aarows were in the 4 in circle. i might try this for awhile and see if i can get set up to what i like. im wanting to shoot just a bit farther away, and dont want to reset my 20 pin all of the time. and it would be a shame to spend 170+ on a sight that can do nothing better than the sight i have now...... (i have a truglo carbon xs 4 pin, with 7 pins stuffed in it now)

Rottzilla
05-02-2011, 06:36 PM
How much you want to spend? There are few sights that come with seven pins Spott Hogg makes the SDP seven deadly pins sight.

I like the 5 pin Sights I have A five fixed pin plus one pin that is adjustable with a tape on the front so I can adjust it from 10yds to 70yds or farther. Limbsaver Elite Prism.

I also like the Copper John Dead Nuts 3 Mark 3. It has 5 pins with speed gap technology which means the pins can sit on top of each other for those peed bows out there.
The fibers are wrapped around the sight housing, You can add on as you go so you can buy the base model and later add micro adjustment. or 2nd axis adjustment, it comes with 3rd axis adjustable. Or maybe want to add a dovetail extension you can.

You can also add a lens kit as well.

Some Sight companies will work with you to custom build your sight.

Hope some of this helped.

Will

cyclepath
05-02-2011, 07:53 PM
im not looking for a single pin. i was looking into a 7pin, or so. i got to playing around and stuffed all of my apex pins into my truglo frame, adjusted to where i though my 20 pin should be and then went and shot 20, 30, 40, 50, and 60 yards all of the aarows were in the 4 in circle. i might try this for awhile and see if i can get set up to what i like. im wanting to shoot just a bit farther away, and dont want to reset my 20 pin all of the time. and it would be a shame to spend 170+ on a sight that can do nothing better than the sight i have now...... (i have a truglo carbon xs 4 pin, with 7 pins stuffed in it now)

How about one of these? pse f-35

nuker
05-02-2011, 08:44 PM
Take a look at the Sword Twilight Hunter. Bullet proof body, and you pretty much have to try to break the fibers. Not the brightest pins, but the light works just fine. They will put them together with whatever color (I use just green and red), size (.029,.019,.010) and number of pins you want. Just call them. (419) 956-0512.

dragonsfire311
05-02-2011, 10:21 PM
trophy ridge alpha series, 3 or 5 pin, horizontal or vertical. hitman also good.

elkslayer4x5
05-03-2011, 04:40 AM
Any of the mentioned sights will work as a sinlge "fixed pin " sight, just choose your favorite brand of housing and modifiy away...:cool:

mudpig
05-03-2011, 06:06 AM
I like the 5 pin Sights I have A five fixed pin plus one pin that is adjustable with a tape on the front so I can adjust it from 10yds to 70yds or farther. Limbsaver Elite Prism.

X2 I love this sight!!!! The sight has a light collector and puts so much light down to the pins that my second sight, I went with the smaller .019 pins. In the dark woods the .029 pins were glaring bright and washed out some of the target. Love the sight and really love the 6th adjustable pin. 2nd and 3rd axis adjustments, rugged steel construction. Very nice sight.

boobowbender
05-03-2011, 07:29 AM
Agree with nuker. but after shooting the .010's their a must! and the sword twilight hunter is only $80 with the light. My only concern is the light making noise during shot. no proof, but its an extra part that COULD rattle

Simple Life
05-03-2011, 03:04 PM
I thought about buying one, the HHA is nice. But then I started to think, no it wasn't that bad. So it's dusk/dawn, you turn the light on to see the pin, now you need to turn on a flash light to see the yard makings on the tape. Kind of a no brainer on that one, better off with a 4-5-6 pin. Unless you plan on shooting in the day light all the time.

My Range Rover has a glow in the dark yardage tape;).I hunt heavy woods so it gets dark faster,and if its that dark I can't see my tape,I wouldn't take a chance father than 20 yrds anyway.

justin
05-04-2011, 06:12 PM
im thinking the sword twilight hunter is going to be my next sight!!! i would really like to see one in person..... does anyone carry these? or are they just top notch and i should call and order?

Money Man
05-04-2011, 07:55 PM
im thinking the sword twilight hunter is going to be my next sight!!! i would really like to see one in person..... does anyone carry these? or are they just top notch and i should call and order?

I have been looking at the apex hunter and have checked the website to see where they were offered, and finally the link to locate a dealer worked tonight, so here is the link: http://www.swordsight.com/dealer_locator.php

Spiker
05-04-2011, 09:14 PM
Swords are accurate and indistructable.

Arrow Splitter
05-05-2011, 09:57 AM
My Range Rover has a glow in the dark yardage tape;).I hunt heavy woods so it gets dark faster,and if its that dark I can't see my tape,I wouldn't take a chance father than 20 yrds anyway.

X2 I agree all the way. My tape is glow in the dark as well.:cool:

A.S