PDA

View Full Version : can a guy use a ccs on a 2011 bow?

gravedigger
05-06-2011, 06:52 AM
im not sure but im thinking a ccs can not be used on a 2011 bow.i hope im wrong because my buddy wants to put the ccs on his 2011 exile.so what yall think can the ccs be used on the 2011 models.?:confused:

archerx7
05-06-2011, 11:12 AM
It won't fit, the riser dosen't have the correct slot machined to accept the ccs. The only other option would be to replace the TRG with a standard rod and slide.

gravedigger
05-06-2011, 01:07 PM
It won't fit, the riser dosen't have the correct slot machined to accept the ccs. The only other option would be to replace the TRG with a standard rod and slide.

just what i thought as well.standard rod and slide it is.thanks archerx7

cyclepath
05-06-2011, 02:34 PM
just what i thought as well.standard rod and slide it is.thanks archerx7

Just wondering, what's the problem with the trg and the sos?

Hutch~n~Son Archery
05-06-2011, 02:49 PM
GD you can use whatever you what if you know how to drill!:rolleyes:
Cable glide and rod simple and works.

Hutch:cool:

Simple Life
05-06-2011, 03:09 PM

IMHO,The the new features seem to have high maintenance compared to the old features.The strings near the TRG have to be kept slick sort to speak or your strings will start to wear from rubbing on the TRG.The SOS,with the help from a pc of weather stripping:rolleyes:seems to have helped,but I beleive the old STS might do a better job and be more durable.Just my 2 cents.

SL

gravedigger
05-06-2011, 05:13 PM

GD you can use whatever you what if you know how to drill!:rolleyes:
Cable glide and rod simple and works.

Hutch:cool:

TRG to me seams to take a bit of effort to kepp the strings from gettng mesed up.i dont care much for it.i really dont like the way it looks.

oh ya hutch,the thought crosed my mind.i got a shop right down the road that can mill out the riser and fit in the ccs.but i did not want to tell my buddy to it...he might just listen to me.lol

Destroyer
05-07-2011, 02:52 AM
Cable glide and rod simple and works

All I want. ;)