PDA

View Full Version : Cabela's Martin selection

Scott
05-07-2011, 03:04 PM
I'm look at the Cabela's site, only two (2) models of martin bows to choose from. With all the models that they make Cabela's will only be selling the Exile and Onza 3. A semi low end bow and a High end, with nothing in the middle. A choice of the ridge hunter, Pantera, Silencer would be nice. One would think the would have the low middle and high end covered. I called the store, one bow on hand and no more coming in until they sell the one they have. Well, looks like a free Exile with my club points.

Arrow Splitter
05-07-2011, 04:02 PM
I guess Martin didn't want to let Cabela's sell the full Gold Series line, probably because of the major similarities between the Gold and Pro series. This makes sense, because the Exile and Onza 3 don't match the Pro series line.

A.S

Destroyer
05-07-2011, 04:12 PM
Could be that Cabelas just don't sell that many Martin bows too. They might be pushing other brands more.

Scott
05-07-2011, 06:46 PM
yea, Pull Shoot Explode's up the ***, parker, bear and quest as well. Stopped into sportsmans an hour ago, plenty of Martins, bonehead was pushing a bear, not going to happen. Checked out the Ridge Hunter, that is one nice bow. They did have a Silencer there last month, but it was gone. They had a couple of 2010's as well, a Panther and a Cheetah, good prices too.

Destroyer
05-07-2011, 11:43 PM
Yep the prices are really good on the Martins, generally. They sell pretty good on eBay. Makes me wonder.....

SonnyThomas
05-08-2011, 01:18 PM
If I got the jest of things, this one of the reasons my boss dropped Martin. He could have the Gold Series, but not the Pro Series. So Martin has two lines of bows, one for small stores and box stores and one for the bigger buying dealer? However, the Gold series bows seem to sell. We had a Blue FireCat I thought we'd never sell (dealer aggreement thing). Heck, I didn't want the thing and I could have had for nothing.

cyclepath
05-08-2011, 01:35 PM
The same thing is going on with gander mountain. They carry a couple gold series bows but that's it. From what I have been told gander will price match cabela's martin line. This should be a laugh.

Arrow Splitter
05-08-2011, 04:03 PM
If I got the jest of things, this one of the reasons my boss dropped Martin. He could have the Gold Series, but not the Pro Series. So Martin has two lines of bows, one for small stores and box stores and one for the bigger buying dealer? However, the Gold series bows seem to sell. We had a Blue FireCat I thought we'd never sell (dealer aggreement thing). Heck, I didn't want the thing and I could have had for nothing.
Any sporting goods store can carry only the Gold Series. All archery shops can get a dealership with Martin, and then they can sell the Pro Series.

A.S

Scott
05-08-2011, 04:37 PM
I have this place 10 minutes away, no Martin products all all. http://archeryhq.com/

And then there is this place, I used to live 5 minutes from, now 15. http://www.dexknows.com/business_profiles/bear_mountain_inc___guns__ammo_and_archery_equipme nt-b543364

Dicks had some last year, and then the sportsmans joint. Not even a Rytera dealer in the state.

My Rytera was shipped from Washington, not a problem from getting another from there.

SonnyThomas
05-08-2011, 07:51 PM
Any sporting goods store can carry only the Gold Series. All archery shops can get a dealership with Martin, and then they can sell the Pro Series.
A.S

Are you sure? There is this miles in between deal thing. Boss couldn't get Hoyt, PSE, or BowTech because of this.

Destroyer
05-08-2011, 09:21 PM
Doesn't Hoyt have 'zones' or something? No one allowed to sell to another sellers zone? What I was told here once.

bfisher
05-09-2011, 04:53 AM
There might be some confusion here so just a litte clarification. These box stores have guys that supposedly do their research and do the buying for them. Martin would gladly let them sell any and all model of Gold series bows they want. They "buyers" for these companies often just have no experience in archery and bowhunting needs.

As an example, I used to work in a Gander Mt. store, archery section. Our store happened to be one of the exceptions in that we had 6 guys that really knew about archery and bowhunting. Better than most Pro shops. Anyway, the company "buyers" would stock our shelves with such things as Pronghorn decoys----DUH. OK, they are from Minnesota. We are located in central Pa. When was the last time you guys ever heard of Pronghorns in Pa? So much for common sense.

Another thing, brought up by Sonny and Destroyer, is that almost all the major players will have zones or mileage restrictions on Pro series bows. Mathews, being an example, requires there to be 30 miles between shops. This is to protect the dealer within a certain area from encroachment from another dealer. The other companies are much the same. As said, Gold series bows can be sold by any sporting goods store so don't have such restrictions.

archerx7
05-09-2011, 05:45 AM
Are you sure? There is this miles in between deal thing. Boss couldn't get Hoyt, PSE, or BowTech because of this.

Doesn't Hoyt have 'zones' or something? No one allowed to sell to another sellers zone? What I was told here once.

Protected terretories are what you guys are referring to, and all bow manufacturers have them and its usually a 30 mile radius. Box stores are usually limited to main line/gold series bows while Pro shops can carry both lines if they choose. Most distributors will also carry bows such as Diamond, PSE mainline, some Bear and Martin Goldseries, so a shop dosen't actually have to have a dealership with a manufacturer in order to stock/sell these bows but they do have to have a dealership to order and stock any Pro series lines.

Scott
05-09-2011, 02:49 PM
Are you sure? There is this miles in between deal thing. Boss couldn't get Hoyt, PSE, or BowTech because of them being a Piece Of Junk. And shouldn't be sitting next to any kind of Martin.ANYWAY!!!!

Hmmmmm:eek:

Destroyer
05-09-2011, 03:12 PM
:D

Anyway, the company "buyers" would stock our shelves with such things as Pronghorn decoys----DUH.

Same here in some of the fishing shops. I think the distributors are pretty good at 'sweet talking' the management. Lol!

Protected territories are what you guys are referring to

I call it 'anti-competitive' business practices. (I do understand some of the benefits though)