PDA

View Full Version : My ol Lynx

Rodger-Rodger
05-10-2011, 08:26 AM
Pulled this out last year and thought I might hunt with it but it needs some stuff. I bought this bow, I think, in the 70's. I always like to shoot it and was accurate for me.
Can I still get parts? ie....the thing behind the rest that sticks through the hole it was broken by a bow expert....the limb brace where the limb splits on one limb is gone. I had the string changed but it never felt right after that so need proper string. Cables are original but look ok??? I dont remember what the 4 way adjustment on each end of cables do for sure.....
Any help would be appreciated,
Tkx,
RR

Destroyer
05-10-2011, 03:47 PM
the thing behind the rest that sticks through the hole it was broken by a bow expert

Plunger button? Easy to replace.

the limb brace where the limb splits on one limb is gone

Photo please. This could be a problem

I dont remember what the 4 way adjustment on each end of cables do for sure

Adjusts the cables, changes ata, draw length, etc if I its what I remember rightly.

bfisher
05-10-2011, 04:17 PM
....the limb brace where the limb splits on one limb is gone.
RR[/QUOTE]

Destroyer, I think he's referring to the reinforcing button that many bows used in the bottom of the limb forks.

Destroyer
05-10-2011, 04:29 PM
Oh, ok. Not such a big problem then.

Rodger-Rodger
05-12-2011, 06:43 AM
Are the parts available from Martin ? Did not see them on web site.:confused:

bfisher
05-12-2011, 09:16 AM
You'd don't nered to go to Martin for the parts, although I doubt they have them any more. Plunger botton can be had at any decent archery shop. The limb reinforcing button is something that most shops might have on hand. They were used a loot on the older bows to keep the limb forks from twisting and are used on some bows today.