PDA

View Full Version : ultra rest by QAD

dragonsfire311
05-11-2011, 04:36 PM
Thinking about switching to the ultra rest. anybody out there used this rest of have any opinions on it?

hotrod26
05-11-2011, 05:17 PM
I have one on my Firecat, Shadowcat, Slayer and MathewsC4. IMHO this is the best rest going.Easy to tune and built like a tank.

Destroyer
05-11-2011, 06:09 PM
What is wrong with the whisker?

cyclepath
05-11-2011, 07:30 PM
What is wrong with the whisker?

Nothing is wrong with a whisker biscuit, I use one on my bow fishing rig, works nice. I have a qad hd on both my firecat and dragon for hunting and they are great rests. I use fob's for hunting so I have to use a drop away rest for them, might as well get the best. Life time warranty doesn't hurt either, (no life time on the hunter) but spend the money on a top end model, you won't be sorry. :cool:

bonehunter
05-12-2011, 12:53 PM
I have a qad hd on my firecat 400 and I love it. There customer service is awsome. I bought mine off a friend who cut the containment bar off and called them to get a new one, they sent me one for free had it in two days.I also needed a spacer to clear the trg on my bow they sent me it and the longer bolt for free as well. I will never buy any other rest because of how well they took care of me.

dragonsfire311
05-12-2011, 01:07 PM
nothing wrong with the biscuit but I think it's time to upgrade, it's on it's second bow and is an original carolina archery biscuit not a trophy ridge one. warn out time to change. Thx for the input, think I'm going to give it a try. might even pick up a couple of fps on my arrows.

Destroyer
05-12-2011, 02:40 PM
warn out time to change.

How long did it take, approx?

Thechevyman122
05-12-2011, 05:04 PM
Definitely go with the QAD. I have one and they are absolutely awesome.

madlaz
05-13-2011, 02:27 AM
I have the Quad in my 2008 Firecat works great for me and yes theyre customer service os the best in the business you never have to ask them twice of you have any problems with anything they sell.

mudpig
05-13-2011, 10:16 AM
Love the Ultra Rest. I've been shooting with one on my second Silencer for several months now. Very easy to install and tune. Love the rest!!!

Bowhunter_IL_BT
05-14-2011, 03:11 PM
Thinking about switching to the ultra rest. anybody out there used this rest of have any opinions on it?

The QAD Ultra rest HD is the best rest on the market especially for hunting. There is no other better. ITs a little pricey but worth every penny. Don't hesitate to get it

dragonsfire311
05-16-2011, 06:20 PM
To destroyer, had it on my browing bow for about 1 1/2 years and then put it on my prowler in 03 when I bought it. about 10 years to wear it out.

MLN1963
05-16-2011, 06:39 PM
I have a Ultra Rest LD and like it. They have great customer service too.

I had a FOB to launcher incident that was 100% my fault. I made a change on the bow, moved the TRG, and forgot to re-check the timing. The rest didn't drop because my timing was off and the FOB broke the launcher arm. Again, this was my rookie mistake and not anything but that.

I called up QAD to buy a new launcher arm and they asked what happened. I told them and they said we will send you a couple. I asked how much they were and he said free. I tried to pay for them since it wasn't their fault it got broke and he wouldn't take my money. He sent me 2 launcher arms, 2 sets of mole skin and 2 sets of screw.

It's tough to not like a company like that.

bricka
05-17-2011, 12:16 PM
Just like everyone else it is a great rest