PDA

View Full Version : Apology Required

gibson 787
05-12-2011, 11:33 PM
Yesterday I was responsible for stirring up a hornets nest on a thread started by Hutch titled 'Cable guard .vs. Trg ?'. Somehow the thread detached itself from Hutch's topic and went on from there, eventually ending up like a soap opera as someone rightly stated.

Anyhow, I couldn't get it out of my head and after a lot of soul searching, I believe an apology is definitely required - and the apology is coming from me. I'd like to apologise to all those I may have offended, especially Sonny, gravedigger and MLN1963 and of course Hutch for hijacking his thread. And in future I'll never voice my opinion on that particular subject again. You all have my word on that.

During my soul search, which included a couple of PMs to Sonny, it dawned on me that my focus was very selfish and centered around me and how my problems with Martin were resolved and how I felt about it all. Importantly, I completely faded the fact that many members are here on this forum because they have experienced bow problems and I was completely insensitive to the way many of you feel, particularly those who have had recent problems.

We're all different and handle situations in different ways and we all have different opinions about things. My mistake was to totally ignore those important truths.

Again I apologise to all and hope everything gets sorted with any outstanding issues you may have.

Simple Life
05-13-2011, 01:00 AM
Gibson,all I can say it takes a big man to come on a public forum and apologize.Thats what seperates this forum from all the others,The Members.

Gregg

martinbowhunter
05-13-2011, 01:10 AM
Gibson,all I can say it takes a big man to come on a public forum and apologize.Thats what seperates this forum from all the others,The Members.

Gregg

x 2..........

HawgEnvy
05-13-2011, 05:09 AM
x3. Way to man up

MLN1963
05-13-2011, 06:13 AM
Gibby

I can only speak for myself. In my opinion you didn't owe me an apology. We saw things differently but there were no lines crossed or anything like that. No harm, no foul. It is often hard to read something on a written page and grasp the true emotion or inflection of the author.

I'm sorry if my comments caused you turmoil and heartache as that surely wasn't intended. I'm also sorry that the thread brought you to this point that you felt you had to apologize and hope you'll accept my apology.

Arrow Splitter
05-13-2011, 06:18 AM

Gregg

X4 :cool::cool::cool:

Brad

gravedigger
05-13-2011, 06:38 AM
buddy i took 0 offence to what you had to say on the topic of trg,ccs.i was thinking it was getting into a good debate and not so much as a kick in the shin's.i want to let ya know im sorry if ya thought i was taring into you.i was not tryin to.yep thred got jackd and i did stir the fire.next time i will try to remember that im typing and not speaking.no need for an apology to me,i would like to send an apology to you.

alex
05-13-2011, 07:04 AM
Reading this thread i think that Martin should come with a new moto - "The nice guys shoot Martin" :)

MLN1963
05-13-2011, 07:25 AM
Remember the old Honda commercials?

" You meet the nices people shooting a Martin" :cool:

HawgEnvy
05-13-2011, 10:04 AM
after reading this thread...i...i just...i feel like a group man hug is in order. I'm huggin y'all right now! I feel all warm. But I'm sure that's cuz it's 88* n 80% humidity.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
05-13-2011, 11:58 AM

Gregg
I think SL said it the best. But I will have to add Thanks for being an humble and meek man. Those are nice qualities for others to see and use as an example.

Hutch:cool:

justin
05-13-2011, 01:52 PM
:) i agree that things can be lost somewhere when typing about things...

polaris754
05-13-2011, 02:40 PM
hey what ever happened it could not have been as serious as a death so all said and done give the guy a break and move on ANY ONE THAT SERVES A THREAD AS HE HAS NO PROBLEM WITH ME :(

gibson 787
05-13-2011, 06:25 PM
Hey all, just got back from the airport and flicked on the puter. Man, reading through all the posts, very humbling really, I almost forgot I was the bad guy for a minute or two.

Just like to thank all for those kind words and give everyone a long distance 'air hug' from down under, man is it cold here today!!! Think I'll get myself outside and fling a few arrows if I can thaw out my fingers. :D

SonnyThomas
05-14-2011, 05:20 AM
I would say excellent Post, excellent apology, but I for one don't need a apology. I like discussion and discussion is how people learn of many things, be it that we should have taken other channels, PMs or email.

As one said here, it's hard to transfer experiences into words or explanations or perhaps not having the right frame of mind when we post. I would apologize for not having those skills and to those that I may have or will offend.

Hey, let's go on living..... :D