PDA

View Full Version : Pretty Happy with new Silencer

mudpig
05-16-2011, 08:56 AM
I know there have been many that have been very unhapy with some of Martins new bows, or more accurately, some parts of their new bows. Neither of my bows was without issues that I feel should have been aleviated before they left the factory, but now that those are taken care of.... I feel I have one heck of a good shootin bow ;)

MLN1963
05-16-2011, 09:00 AM
Three arrows on a playing card at 100 yards? Impressive!

wscywabbit
05-16-2011, 09:17 AM
Elevation's a little low and your windage is a little left... j/k :p

I've never shot past 60yds and pretty sure I couldn't hit that well at 100.. yet :D

Great shooting!

mudpig
05-16-2011, 09:22 AM
:p

Had a little cross wind that day :rolleyes:

bfisher
05-16-2011, 09:58 AM
Still not bad. At my age and eyesight that's about the best I could group at 60 yards these days. Oh yes, the glory days are behind me. Good shooting.

MLN1963
05-16-2011, 10:35 AM
I don't know that my pin wouldnt completely cover the card at 100 yards?

mudpig
05-16-2011, 11:31 AM
My pin for this distance was .019 and still covered most of the card when I could get the pin to hold there long enough to tough one off :D

6th pin on my sight is adjustable with a lable on it, so I was off work early on Thursday and decided to do some sighting in for that moveable pin at 70, 80, 90, and 100.... I think I shot the 100 distance better than the closer ones. :p

HawgEnvy
05-16-2011, 12:08 PM
good shootin at 100yds. I wish I had enough unobstructed space to try it. Congrats on the Silencer, mudpig.

polaris754
05-16-2011, 02:03 PM
all i can say if u r not happy , i will give u my address for shipping , good shooting , good luck on the new bow !!!!!!!!!! :p

rock
05-16-2011, 03:10 PM
nice mud i love shooting 80 and 100 yards

cjchasman
05-16-2011, 03:41 PM
Wow, good shooting. Congrats on the bow. I'm still struggling w/ groups at 60. But my 30's are getting better because of it. Maybe if it ever stops RAINING I can get back outside! RAIN,RAIN,RAIN:mad:

polaris754
05-16-2011, 03:50 PM
Wow, good shooting. Congrats on the bow. I'm still struggling w/ groups at 60. But my 30's are getting better because of it. Maybe if it ever stops RAINING I can get back outside! RAIN,RAIN,RAIN:mad:

DANG IT NEED TO STOP RAINING !!!!! YEP YEP :eek:

wscywabbit
05-16-2011, 04:29 PM

^^^x3:mad:

Arrow Splitter
05-17-2011, 04:34 AM
I know there have been many that have been very unhapy with some of Martins new bows, or more accurately, some parts of their new bows. Neither of my bows was without issues that I feel should have been aleviated before they left the factory, but now that those are taken care of.... I feel I have one heck of a good shootin bow ;)
Nice shooting.:cool: I've shot 100 yards with my 07 Jaguar, and it was pretty cool. I was using a single pin sight though.;)

A.S

Arrow Splitter
05-17-2011, 04:38 AM

X4 I've never seen a forecast for NH that was nothing but rain for over a week! I don't even remember the last time it rained for this many days straight! By the time I get to mow the lawn for the first time this year, I'll have foot high grass.LOL I guess I'll have to settle for shooting 18 yards in the basement.:p:cool:

MLN1963
05-17-2011, 04:46 AM
Nice shooting.:cool: I've shot 100 yards with my 07 Jaguar, and it was pretty cool. I was using a single pin sight though.;)

A.S

What distance is your pin normally set for and what was the hold over at 100 yards? And what poundage were you shooting?

Arrow Splitter
05-17-2011, 05:01 AM
What distance is your pin normally set for and what was the hold over at 100 yards? And what poundage were you shooting?
Well, my sight (Truglo Range Rover) is usually set for 20 or 30 yards, but I can get about 90 yards out of it. Back at that time the bow was set for about 63 lbs dw. I don't remember exactly how high I aimed, but since the pin was close to being right anyway, I didn't have to aim much higher. Now though, I'm using a Truglo Xtreme Tooless 5-pin sight, but I kept the Range Rover.:cool:

mudpig
05-17-2011, 05:04 AM
I hear you guys with all the RAIN....living in Western Washington we get more than our fair share of rain and no sun....but the forcast for us is looking up. I think the weather man is talking about sunshine starting today and running thru the weekend. Think I'm gonna have several good days to hit the range and then a little Turkey hunting with the bow this weekend :D

Arrow Splitter
05-17-2011, 05:08 AM
I hear you guys with all the RAIN....living in Western Washington we get more than our fair share of rain and no sun....but the forcast for us is looking up. I think the weather man is talking about sunshine starting today and running thru the weekend. Think I'm gonna have several good days to hit the range and then a little Turkey hunting with the bow this weekend :D
Have fun!:cool:

mudpig
05-17-2011, 05:10 AM
Gonna have a blast....no rain...lots of sun...temps in the 60's....and two more weeks of Turkey season here :p

Money Man
05-17-2011, 05:30 AM

Last time I visited Seattle, it didn't rain as much as it is here in NY now. Waiting to see if our slugs grow as big as they are out there.:D

mudpig
05-17-2011, 05:39 AM
Last time I visited Seattle, it didn't rain as much as it is here in NY now. Waiting to see if our slugs grow as big as they are out there.:D

You must have visited in July or Aug...maybe even Sept. Those are the only dry months we get around here....and yeah....the slugs are unbelievable.

Money Man
05-17-2011, 05:56 AM
You must have visited in July or Aug...maybe even Sept. Those are the only dry months we get around here....and yeah....the slugs are unbelievable.

Yeah I was out there in July in 1994.

wscywabbit
05-17-2011, 06:17 AM
yep, we only get about 3 good weeks of summer up here in pugeot sound (seattle area). But those 3 weeks are AWESOME! :p:cool:

Arrow Splitter
05-17-2011, 01:53 PM
yep, we only get about 3 good weeks of summer up here in pugeot sound (seattle area). But those 3 weeks are AWESOME! :p:cool:
I guess I won't discuss the weeks of nice weather we get here on the east coast. Oh yeah, we get some rain, but we usually get a few months total of nice weather.:p:cool:

Hutch~n~Son Archery
05-17-2011, 04:16 PM
:p

Had a little cross wind that day :rolleyes:
Next time open your eyes:rolleyes: Good bow. Oh and shooter

HUTCH:cool:

mudpig
05-17-2011, 04:29 PM
Lol....... Thanks Hutch. I'll try to remember to open my eyes next time! ;)

Hutch~n~Son Archery
05-17-2011, 04:38 PM
Hey Mudpig, I like long range shooting. It challenges the skills so shorter shots are simple

Hutch:cool:

Destroyer
05-17-2011, 08:37 PM
Three arrows on a playing card at 100 yards? Impressive!

:rolleyes:

Some of you guy's must have been smokin' something pretty good. If so, I want some! :D

mudpig
05-18-2011, 07:10 AM
Hey Mudpig, I like long range shooting. It challenges the skills so shorter shots are simple

Hutch:cool:

Hutch...I agree. I really like the long range shooting. Builds confidence big time. If I can hit something at 100 then that makes 50 feel like nothing. Really good mental conditioning