PDA

View Full Version : Bengal bow noise

khelg
05-16-2011, 12:24 PM
My 2010 bengal bow is extremely loud shooting. It is brand new and sight and whisker biscuit are tight. It seems to shoot o.k. But it is extremely loud. How do i quite it down.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
05-16-2011, 01:38 PM
My 2010 bengal bow is extremely loud shooting. It is brand new and sight and whisker biscuit are tight. It seems to shoot o.k. But it is extremely loud. How do i quite it down.Welcome to forum. I did 2 things a STS and Whiskers. That is all it needed.

Hutch:cool:

HawgEnvy
05-16-2011, 01:42 PM
make sure all the specs are on(AtA,brace height). Check cam timing. Make sure all accessory screws are tight. Tip: use string wax on the threads of all screws. It's a lube and thread-lok in one. Use rubber between the sight and riser(chunk of bicycle innertube). Cat whiskers on the string are quieter than string leeches,but if you prefer leeches,serve them in. Limb savers on the limbs. A good vibe reducing stabilizer(Sims X-coil/S-coil). A string suppressor of some sort. I use one from Norway Ind. Works great. That should pretty much cover it.

welcome to theforum. Feel free to post pics and ask anything. We're all here to help

polaris754
05-16-2011, 02:00 PM
its probably string oscillation, so to give it a go if u dont have whiskers get them, if u dont have limb savers get em and last but not least a donkier or a stabilizer of similar nature u need it good luck ! :rolleyes: ps wish i had a begal

cjchasman
05-16-2011, 04:01 PM
My Bengal was a little loud when I got it but due to the input of these guys and replacing a cracked cable rod (if you have one), it quieted down. Idler wheel lean adjustments helped also. You also want to be sure you are shooting the correct spine arrow for the bow.

gravedigger
05-16-2011, 04:08 PM
STS AND WHISKERS is all i did to bring the noise down.

khelg
05-17-2011, 12:46 PM
Thanks for replying to my question on the Bengal noise. I will take all the advice run with it and let you know how it worked.

thanks again

bfisher
05-17-2011, 01:03 PM
I'm going to guess the problem is cam orientation, but just for starters try removing the sight and shooting. Then one accessory at a time thereafter. At least may narrow it down

Destroyer
05-17-2011, 08:49 PM
Too much cam rotation can be a problem like bfisher said. Otherwise all I would do is put one (single piece) catwisker on it near the cam. If you want it to have more clearance from the cable, cut the strip in half and serve the two pieces together.

I don't like string stops at all. ;)

Arrow Splitter
05-18-2011, 05:02 AM
All bows are different. With my bow, an STS was all that I needed to make it noticeably quiet.:cool: I have nothing on my string except my peep, serving, tie nocks, and D-loop.:cool: