PDA

View Full Version : 07' Slayer C cams and X mods never shot. WOW!

Rottzilla
05-16-2011, 07:46 PM
This is one sweet bow. Oh sorry you might want to know what I am talking about. Here is the jist. I went to a new sportsman store (mom&pop) that opened in my area. I walked in and the owner and 1 customer were arguing and scratching their heads. "The cables are all wrong I am going to have to restring this bow it is all messed up." I look and it is a shoot through. Slayer with x mods. the bow still has the tags on it. He said he would sell it to me for 649.00 it is fully set up with nap quick tune 2000 and truglo sight, it is a 2007.

He is a new Martin dealer and has no clue to what he is doing. I was there with him for like over an hour giving him the ins and outs of Martin Bows. He has a catalog that says 2010/2011 but it only has the 2010 line up in it. I told him I wanted the Silencer and he couldn't find it, I wonder why?? He asked for my # and I have a feeling it is going to take up a lot of my time.

Destroyer
05-17-2011, 09:02 PM
He said he would sell it to me for 649.00 it is fully set up with nap quick tune 2000 and truglo sight, it is a 2007

How much did the slayers retail for?

Rottzilla
05-18-2011, 09:35 AM
I have no Idea I have looked up the specs but there is no price schedule anywhere.

Don't get me wrong it is a beautiful bow the riser is awesome and if I can I will take some pics asap.

This guy bought a bunch of archery equipment from this store going out of business and this was one of the purchases he made. He has it marked 749.00 I believe and is willing to take a 100.00 off the price or sell me a new Silencer for 450.00 which means he is not making much off the deal because he showed me the book and I saw his dealer price.

No one in my area has ever seen a shoot through and it is a new idea for them and they are racking their brains as to why it was ever given up and why don't more mfgr make them.

Will

PS pleased to meet you Destroyer.

Cheers

Spiker
05-18-2011, 09:56 AM
The '07 Slayer is a great bow for sure.
And if ya dont want the X - just get two cables and a rod/slide. :)

SonnyThomas
05-18-2011, 03:42 PM
Well, super great and all that, but the Slayer is worth probably (with a good IF) around $250 tops. As for the Martin catalog, 2010/2011 is for 2010s

Destroyer
05-18-2011, 03:54 PM
a new Silencer for 450.00

Good price. Easier to get parts for the current models too.

they are racking their brains as to why it was ever given up and why don't more mfgr make them.

Scares people I think, looks too complicated. Never shot one but I would.

[
Well, super great and all that, but the Slayer is worth probably (with a good IF) around $250 tops.

Yep, it might go for a bit more but not a lot. I have it for $250. :)

ps. no worries mate and good to meet you too Rottzilla.

SonnyThomas
05-18-2011, 04:39 PM
Got cut off, so didn't finish the above reply. The Martin catalog for 2010 had 2011 on it. The 2011 is just that, 2011. I've got both.

If a person wants that Slayer, yes, the price probably is within reason, especially so with the X system and me, if colored riser.

Of two Martin bows I would like to own, the Slayer and Scepter would be them. One of these days my friend might get brain dead and I'll own his Slayer.

Rottzilla
05-18-2011, 06:28 PM
WOW the responses are awesome keep them up. I know the age is an issue It has never been shot before(still has factory tags attached to riser). It is Next G1 camo pattern, it has a brand new NAP 2000 quicktune, new Truglo three pin(I think) and new quiver. He wants $650.00 shipped if I can sell it on AT.

I am trying to keep it real and telling him he will not get what he thinks he will. He keeps telling me he is not "sold" on the shoot thru system and wants it gone. (it scares him).

I am going to take pics tomorrow and hopefully have them up tomorrow night. Sorry guys I am on so late just got one computer and the wife has claimed it during the day. LOL

Will

Rottzilla
05-18-2011, 06:34 PM
Here is some more to mix it up. He has an OnzaIII in the store and the more I handle it the more I want to take it home. I really want a Silencer but that Onza is calling me too. He has the Ridge Hunter there so I still have the Silencer riser to keep me interested and he told me if I want the Onza he could give me a great deal. Man I am on the ropes on this one. The Specs on the web site say that the DL on the Onza only goes down to 27.5 half an inch too long, and the Silencer goes down to my DL 27" same cam, the video for the Onza states 27-30" DL which is right??

I know it is personal preference but HELP!!

I know I just Hijacked my own thread sorry.

Will

Rottzilla
05-18-2011, 06:37 PM
Scares people I think, looks too complicated. Never shot one but I would.

I think I can get him to ship to OZ ;)

Rottzilla
05-18-2011, 06:38 PM
The '07 Slayer is a great bow for sure.
And if ya dont want the X - just get two cables and a rod/slide. :)

+1 Thanks I will bring that up as well.

Rottzilla
05-18-2011, 06:48 PM
Got cut off, so didn't finish the above reply. The Martin catalog for 2010 had 2011 on it. The 2011 is just that, 2011. I've got both.

No problem Sonny. He has the 2010/2011 catalog only but has the 2011 lineup in different supplier catalog.

If a person wants that Slayer, yes, the price probably is within reason, especially so with the X system and me, if colored riser.

Riser is Camo Next G1 I believe. Price Of 250.00 or what he wants???

Of two Martin bows I would like to own, the Slayer and Scepter would be them. One of these days my friend might get brain dead and I'll own his Slayer.

The Slayer X is awesome I would take it off his hands but I can't afford to buy two I can barely afford one on layaway for 6months. HAHA

Thanks Sonny

Destroyer
05-19-2011, 03:34 PM
I think I can get him to ship to OZ

Not at that price lol! :D