PDA

View Full Version : Limb Warranty

russ65034
05-19-2011, 05:42 PM
I'll soon be the owner of a Firecat TR2. I'm getting it from a guy on AT. My question is will the limbs still be under warranty. He said it was bought new in De. '10. Just wondering cuz ther seems to be quite a few posts on here bout limb failure. I've had my Phantom for 10 yrs now now without a single issue. Guess I'm just trying to reassure myself. Still going to get it if they're not though.

cyclepath
05-19-2011, 05:56 PM
You're putting the cart before the horse. Just enjoy the bow when you get it and don't worry about what MAY happen. Martin will take care of you IF you MAY develope a problem.

gibson 787
05-19-2011, 05:56 PM
Technically they won't be under warranty as you are not the original owner, however I believe there have been occasions when Martin has helped out in your situation.

I have only ever bought a Martin second hand on one occasion, an 09 Warthog. I had a limb fail on me and purchased a new set of limbs, those new limbs are now covered by warranty.

Arrow Splitter
05-20-2011, 05:42 AM
Technically they won't be under warranty as you are not the original owner, however I believe there have been occasions when Martin has helped out in your situation.

I have only ever bought a Martin second hand on one occasion, an 09 Warthog. I had a limb fail on me and purchased a new set of limbs, those new limbs are now covered by warranty.

X2 You are correct. Martin replaced my limbs, and my bow is from eBay.

A.S

Destroyer
05-20-2011, 03:35 PM
Second hand or new A.S?

Arrow Splitter
05-20-2011, 05:01 PM
I don't exactly know. After examining it after I got it, I thought it was new, but I really don't know.

Destroyer
05-21-2011, 02:58 PM
Yeah its hard to tell sometimes. I always look at the grip area, any wear and you know the answer. Doesn't take many shots to wear some.

Arrow Splitter
05-21-2011, 03:01 PM
Yeah its hard to tell sometimes. I always look at the grip area, any wear and you know the answer. Doesn't take many shots to wear some.
There was no wear in the grip area, and it looked like it had been moved around on a shelf, because small areas of camo were missing on the edges of the limbs and riser.