PDA

View Full Version : paper tuning rack

straightshooter
05-22-2011, 03:16 PM
does anybody have any good pictures of some home made paper tuning racks ...preferbly made out of PVC

Simple Life
05-22-2011, 03:24 PM
Simple wooden frame,and I use christams wrapping paper

wscywabbit
05-22-2011, 03:34 PM
Ha, I paper tune in the hallway of my house... just got 2 expandable curtain rods, twist them tight against the hallway walls, put up gift wrap and shoot at a block target sitting on a chair. Costed me about $10 and works great :D

Arrow Splitter
05-22-2011, 03:35 PM
Here you go, please excuse the background:o.

SonnyThomas
05-22-2011, 05:35 PM
Paper tuning racks/paper holders can turn into extremes. I have one in the back yard. The "window" for the paper is adjustable for people of different height, has plate tighteners for paper and a holder for rolled paper. It's in my back yard because it was extreme.
Best one I ever saw was up to Wolf Hollow. A roll of paper in on a hinged arm and has a weighted clamp on the paper hanging down. the hinge allows the roll of paper to be pushed to the wall out of the way.
Boss went out and bought $40 worth of lumber for the one at the shop.
I'll get pics of the one in the back yard and the shop just to show extreme.

Destroyer
05-22-2011, 06:11 PM
Simple wooden frame,and I use christams wrapping paper

Nice, simple. :)

straightshooter
05-23-2011, 06:33 AM
:D
Here you go, please excuse the background:o.

this is what I was looking for ,as far as the background ...looks better than mine

Arrow Splitter
05-23-2011, 07:01 AM
I can't take credit for the paper tuner, because Dad (Hutch~n~Son Archery on here) built it. I just took the picture.:)

A.S

bfisher
05-23-2011, 07:57 AM
I can't take credit for the paper tuner, because Dad (Hutch~n~Son Archery on here) built it. I just took the picture.:)

A.S

At least you're good for something. LOL.

Arrow Splitter
05-23-2011, 08:04 AM
At least you're good for something. LOL.
:mad:I'm offended:mad: LOL J/K:D:D

Hutch~n~Son Archery
05-23-2011, 12:51 PM
You might be right Barry at least A.S. is good for something!

But what?

Oh! Oh! costing me money!
Hutch:cool:

gravedigger
05-23-2011, 01:45 PM
You might be right Barry at least A.S. is good for something!

But what?

Oh! Oh! costing me money!

aint that the truth.about six months befor kids are born they start costing us money.on my daughters 18th birthday im going to give her a bill.lol

paper-tuning rack,ive been thinking about making one.2x4's and im going to stain in a red wood stain it to make it look nice.with clamps on the bottom to hold the paper in place.

Bo Hunter
01-02-2012, 12:03 PM
I'm currently trying to make one. Have all the materials but am not sure about how to setup the part the arrow will strike. I guess I'll set my target up on a chair unless someone has a better idea.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
01-02-2012, 12:57 PM
Hey Bo Hunter, the center of the rack should be at shooting level that way you have an even shooting level for impact. Or should I say at least not any heavy angles.

Bo Hunter
01-02-2012, 03:56 PM
Yeah I got that much but when my arrow passes through the paper how do I set my target to stop it. Set it on a chair? Build another frame to hold a target block? Hows everyone else do it?

Hutch~n~Son Archery
01-02-2012, 04:11 PM
Sorry about that. Yes they all build a pvc stands for the targets usually hanging ones. I build my own targets so I forgot all about that. My targets are usually big enough to cover the paper tuner.

Bo Hunter
01-02-2012, 04:39 PM
What are your targets made of? How can i make them? I shoot my target in the back yard while it sits on the ground. When I make the paper tuner tomorrow it will obviously be taller than the target because I have to make it tall to shoot level. So whats your best advice to stop the arrows?

PVC stands huh? My target is large, weighs like over 50lbs and is very awkward it carry. How could I secure it up high enough.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
01-03-2012, 12:28 AM
Here is my link. http://martinarchery.com/mtechforum/showthread.php?19296-Target-DIY!!!&highlight=target (http://martinarchery.com/mtechforum/showthread.php?19296-Target-DIY%21%21%21&highlight=target)
If you are going to make a bigger one, and leave it out doors you need to fill it with only shrink wrap. Also you need to cover it so it does not get wet.
Here is a link to one of a hundred different ones http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=1600720&highlight=target+holder

Bo Hunter
01-08-2012, 02:03 PM

Here is my paper tuner. What do you guys think? I used a pre-made saw horse from home depot and cut some 2x4 to length. I then drilled holes (top and bottom) on both sides and slid broom sticks through it. I used painters material for the paper. Its thicker than wrapping paper so im not sure if I'll have any problems interrupting flight. Its the thickness of the grocery paper bags. You guys think I'll have any issues?

Hutch~n~Son Archery
01-08-2012, 02:30 PM
Looks very good to me. I use package wrapping paper and it works great. I don't think you will have a problem with it. Its going to be a great tool for you.