PDA

View Full Version : Split string Loose?

Conan
05-23-2011, 04:28 PM
Hi Guys,

I'm shooting an '08 martin monsterbuck hunter and am currently trying to replace the string. I got some stock length strings (and they are the right length, and match up with the old ones), but as you can see, the split string is just loose.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v229/whyspe/DSC00295.jpg

It does start to tighten as I rotate the cams, but I'm afraid to put it through a full draw cycle in case something happens ... Have I done something obviously wrong, or is there something specific I should check?

(sorry for the poor picture quality)

Cheers,
Conan

SonnyThomas
05-23-2011, 04:40 PM
Yeppers. You got something wrong. Right off I'd say you have the buss cable wrapped wrong on the bottom cam.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
05-23-2011, 04:41 PM
Welcome to the forum! What happens when you turn in the limb bolts all the way?
Also what cam is on that bow? If it is a single cam I don't see the cross in the cable and the string at the bottom of the cable guard. Posting some pics of the bottom cam will help some.

Hutch:cool:

Conan
05-23-2011, 04:58 PM
Thanks guys!

Hutch, you were right - the x was missing, i'd attached the non shooting part of the main string straight down instead of back out and around, if that makes sense ...

Cheers and good shooting :D

(next time i will take more extensive pictures before disassembling)

One more thing; the new string isn't served over the idler wheel, whereas my old string was. I realise this might lead to faster wear, but should I be worried from a more catastrophic failure perspective?

Hutch~n~Son Archery
05-24-2011, 01:04 AM
My 2010 Bengal came without serving and it hasn't affected it at all. I would shoot it and have fun.

Hutch:cool:

MLN1963
05-24-2011, 09:33 AM
You can't say that camo pattern isn't effective. I only saw the handle at first and had to look for the riser!

wscywabbit
05-24-2011, 11:03 AM
You can say that camo pattern isn't effective. I only saw the handle at first and had to look for the riser!

lol me too!

Ehunter
05-24-2011, 05:09 PM
I wouldn't worry about the serving either. My '09 Moab doesn't have any around the idler, and that string is 4 years old. Still in great shape after a couople thousand shots.

Destroyer
05-24-2011, 05:38 PM
You can say that camo pattern isn't effective. I only saw the handle at first and had to look for the riser!

Good old APG! ;)

jonsan63
06-01-2011, 01:35 AM
You can't say that camo pattern isn't effective. I only saw the handle at first and had to look for the riser!

you are absolutely right dude...