PDA

View Full Version : Comparison

SJunior
05-23-2011, 06:09 PM
Wondering how the Silencer and the Firecat 400 compare. Looking for a flatter shooting bow than my Trophy Hunter (Sabre). Always wanted a Firecat but the Silencer is looking very appealing.

Destroyer
05-23-2011, 06:27 PM
Haven't shot either but from the spec's there isn't a lot of difference, slight longer ATA on the firecat and the risers are different looking. Gold vs Pro, Meh.

Price?

Simple Life
05-24-2011, 12:12 PM
As Destroyer noted,a little in specs and cost.I think the Firecat is a little more cause of the extra machining on the riser.Either are a good choice.

cjchasman
05-24-2011, 02:49 PM
I have been taking a hard look at the Silencer myself. But I thought I heard on here somewhere that the speed estimates were off quite a bit. Can anyone set me straight on that? It sure looks like one of those "Lotta bang for your buck " bows.

Ehunter
05-24-2011, 04:48 PM
I have shot both bows side by side, and could not tell a difference other than the weight. And that wasn't a big difference. Both bows shoot the same speed, same shock level, same noise level, everything. I think it comes down to if you are willing to spend the extra money for the fancier riser. If not, I'd say go with the Silencer. I know that the Silencer will be my next bow.

Destroyer
05-24-2011, 05:56 PM
Both bows shoot the same speed, same shock level, same noise level, everything.

Good to know Ehunter. Same cam, same limbs, same string. Is the amount of riser reflex the same?

SJunior
05-25-2011, 06:56 PM
After looking into it some more, I believe I'm gonna try to scrape up some extra money to buy the Silencer. As close as they are in specs and the price difference, seems like the better deal to me.

Ehunter
05-26-2011, 02:11 AM
Destroyer, the riser reflex is almost identical as well. Honestly, I think they are the exact same riser, just made the cutouts different. Had I not gotten my FC400 as a replacement for an '09 FC that was acting up, I would have bought a Silencer instead.

Destroyer
05-26-2011, 02:33 PM
the riser reflex is almost identical as well.

Then no real difference besides looks. Easy choice then.

seems like the better deal to me.

Same here. :)