PDA

View Full Version : DIY stabilizers or other archery projects

HawgEnvy
05-24-2011, 07:08 AM
anyone build their own stabilizer? I want to build something. Not up for any major projects. My attention span isn't very wide. Lol

alex
05-24-2011, 07:59 AM
I have made a stabilizer and a string stop for my MOAB - it's quite easy ... and cheap. Also made an arrow rest, red dot sight mounting system, bowfishing kit and quiver mount for some of my other bows. Unfortunately nothing soon :( ... But i had some knifemaking projects recently.

HawgEnvy
05-24-2011, 09:36 AM
I'm interested in all types of projects. Maybe others are too. Pics,details would be great.

alex
05-25-2011, 09:15 AM
http://www.youtube.com/user/kaziklu79?feature=mhee This is a link to my Youtube channel - there are vids of all my archery projects there :)

Hutch~n~Son Archery
05-25-2011, 12:10 PM
Hawy, I emailed you a couple of plans I made. An arrow saw and a shooting machine.
Have fun. Next plans I will take pics of will be the hang on tree stand when we build one.

Hutch:cool:

HawgEnvy
05-25-2011, 01:10 PM
[QUOTE=Hutch~n~Son Archery;49463]Hawy, I emailed you a couple of plans I made. An arrow saw and a shooting machine.
Have fun. Next plans I will take pics of will be the hang on tree stand when we build one.

I got ur emails. Now I need to get to a "real" computer so I can read them. Lol. What are you doing ur hang on stand out of? Steel or aluminum? That's on the agenda this for sure. I've got 5 to replace. 1 very lightweight,portable aluminum stand and sticks w back pack capability would do me well. That way I wouldn't have to worry about theft again.

Arrow Splitter
05-25-2011, 01:17 PM
[QUOTE=Hutch~n~Son Archery;49463]Hawy, I emailed you a couple of plans I made. An arrow saw and a shooting machine.

I got ur emails. Now I need to get to a "real" computer so I can read them. Lol. What are you doing ur hang on stand out of? Steel or aluminum? That's on the agenda this for sure. I've got 5 to replace. 1 very lightweight,portable aluminum stand and sticks w back pack capability would do me well. That way I wouldn't have to worry about theft again.

We're going model them after the hang on stand that I got from Sportsmansguide, using steel. The one that I have now only weighs about 20-25 lbs approx., so it"s not too bad. I've carried it on my backpack without a problem.:cool: Now about your theft problem, I lock my stand and climbing sticks to the tree.:cool::cool:

A.S

Destroyer
05-25-2011, 03:23 PM
I want to build something. Not up for any major projects. My attention span isn't very wide. Lol

What about one of those multi rod stabilizer kits?

http://www.keystonecountrystore.com/Archery_Equipment_-_Supplies/Bow_Stabilizer/Hi-Tek_Stabilizer/Hi_Tek_TK-2_Stabilizer_Kit/Page_1/STB2876907.html

or

http://www.keystonecountrystore.com/Hi-Tek%20Stabilizer/Hi_Tek_TK-1_Stabilizer_Kit/Page_1/STB2876807.html

or eBay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110677921686

HawgEnvy
05-25-2011, 04:14 PM
[QUOTE=HawgEnvy;49470]

We're going model them after the hang on stand that I got from Sportsmansguide, using steel. The one that I have now only weighs about 20-25 lbs approx., so it"s not too bad. I've carried it on my backpack without a problem.:cool: Now about your theft problem, I lock my stand and climbing sticks to the tree.:cool::cool:

A.S

that's just it. They were all locked w 5/16 chain from the stand,wrapped around the sticks to the base of the tree. Private land and public. Bastards cut the chain and padlocks w bolt cutters. The one on public land was nice enough to leave my swing arm bow holder screwed into the tree 25ft up. At least it's there for this season,i guess.

Arrow Splitter
05-25-2011, 04:46 PM
that's just it. They were all locked w 5/16 chain from the stand,wrapped around the sticks to the base of the tree. Private land and public. Bastards cut the chain and padlocks w bolt cutters. The one on public land was nice enough to leave my swing arm bow holder screwed into the tree 25ft up. At least it's there for this season,i guess.
Maybe you should leave them unlocked and use security cameras instead.:cool::cool::cool:

A.S

Hutch~n~Son Archery
05-25-2011, 04:54 PM
Try this one as well http://skinnymoose.com/mostlyarchery/2010/07/14/diy-stabilizer/

HawgEnvy
05-25-2011, 05:38 PM
What about one of those multi rod stabilizer kits?

[url]

or

[url]

or eBay

[url]

I bet I could make the couplings from urethane leaf spring bushings.

[QUOTE=Arrow Splitter;49509]Maybe you should leave them unlocked and use security cameras

I'm thinkin of settin a stand in plain sight and hiding in the bushes w a Mossberg 12 loaded w rubber slugs instead.:cool::cool::cool:

[QUOTE=Hutch~n~Son Archery;49510]Try this one as well [url]

I've actually got the quiettune stubby thing from years ago. I'd just have to build the extension bar.

Arrow Splitter
05-26-2011, 03:55 AM
I'm thinkin of settin a stand in plain sight and hiding in the bushes w a Mossberg 12 loaded w rubber slugs instead.:cool::cool::cool:

Sounds good to me. That should produce some major OUCH!LOL

A.S