PDA

View Full Version : New Onza 3 owner

Sharxfan
05-26-2011, 09:47 AM
Here is a little backstory to my recent purchase of the Onza 3.

I have shot bows in some form or another for about 30 years. I started with a little D bow and then graduated to a recurve.

When I graduated high school I put all the money I had into buying a brand spanking new Martin Lynx Magnum. I shot the hell out of that bow and won quite a few bets with it at the range against friends and girlfirends.

Well I got married and me and my wife shot around for a few years and then decided to have kids and damn if we didn't have twins and that killed the bow shooting for awhile. Fast forward a bit and we moved to Louisiana and got some land and I got the hunting bug. I started out with a rifle and then started thinking about reloading and thought if I am spending that amount of fun money maybe I should start shooting a bow again and extend my season. I also have offers to hunt in other states and a bow also increases the hunting season there as well.

So I go online and check out a few websites and the one I find sells various bows so I narrowed it down to 3 and then tell the wife to look at them and tell me which on she likes out of the three. She looks for a bit and then says the Onza looks like a musical note and she likes that one the best. So that is the one I purchased (after reading everything there was on the site here first). So I got it the other day and shot it. All I can say is how quiet it is and that I am in love with it. It is shooting way better than I do after a 6 year layoff on shooting but after around 40 shots I am getting back in form and am starting to think about adjusting the sight now instead of thinking that the sight is off and not me.

Time will tell how well this one lasts but based on the years of use I got out of my other Martin I think I will be a happy camper for a long time to come.

P.S. I am breaking out the foam weatherstripping to put behind the SOS and am also thinking about adjusting the TRS so that the string does not hit the back hook at full draw. Does anyone else hear any noise from the SOS extender?

cyclepath
05-26-2011, 09:55 AM
Welcome to the fourm and congrats on the new onza, glad you are liking it. Someone will be along to help you with your questions, lots of good people here.

gravedigger
05-26-2011, 11:44 AM
welcom to the forum,and thats a nice bow ya got there.fell free to post some pics,we all like to see a good set up.as far as the sos and the TRG i dont have them,but i do have a buddy who did on his exile.that lasted for about a mont and he go a basic rod and slide and kicked the sos to the curb.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
05-26-2011, 01:15 PM
Welcome to the forum! Nice choice of bows and I am sure you won't be disappointed.

Hutch:cool:

wscywabbit
05-26-2011, 07:33 PM
welcome to the forum, and I'm sure you'll enjoy your Onza, I sure do!

Destroyer
05-26-2011, 07:48 PM
Wecolme Sharxfan.

She looks for a bit and then says the Onza looks like a musical note

Kinda does hey. :cool:

vhag
05-27-2011, 07:38 AM
thank you guys ill post some pictures later