PDA

View Full Version : And Snap!

Stéphane
05-28-2011, 03:52 PM
Well, a bit of an adventure today. I went to the range to try some arrows I "rescued". After about 5 rounds, I heard "vroooooo". I thought that one vane had come off. Put a new arrow in, pull and heard that weird and very loud noise, so I just release slowly. Look at my bow, and the upper limb is separating. So, I won't be shooting for a while I guess.

Anyone who had that happened with their Bengal? Now, can I ask for 70lbs limbs instead of my 60?
It's a 2010 Bengal that I bought in December 2010.

Thanks,

SG

cyclepath
05-28-2011, 03:58 PM
You should be able to ask them for anything concerning new limbs, I'm sure they will have no problem in making you happy. Sorry about your bow. :(

Hutch~n~Son Archery
05-28-2011, 03:59 PM
Well, a bit of an adventure today. I went to the range to try some arrows I "rescued". After about 5 rounds, I heard "vroooooo". I thought that one vane had come off. Put a new arrow in, pull and heard that weird and very loud noise, so I just release slowly. Look at my bow, and the upper limb is separating. So, I won't be shooting for a while I guess.

Anyone who had that happened with their Bengal? Now, can I ask for 70lbs limbs instead of my 60?
It's a 2010 Bengal that I bought in December 2010.

Thanks,

SGHey long time no hear from. No one that I know has had that happen. I would go back to the dealer and let them go through the warranty. At that point ask if it is possible to upgrade to 70lb limbs.

Hutch:cool:

Destroyer
05-28-2011, 04:47 PM
Any photo's?

Stéphane
05-28-2011, 05:01 PM
Hey long time no hear from. No one that I know has had that happen. I would go back to the dealer and let them go through the warranty. At that point ask if it is possible to upgrade to 70lb limbs.

I know I haven't posted for a while, but everything was going so well not to mention NHL playoffs hockey with our team in the finals. Plus, looking for arrows right now, I was just about to ask a few questions.
Glad to hear this isn't a common issue, but an irregularity. I'll ask for 70 limbs.

Off topic: where can see your strings?

Any photo's?

No, I brought it straight to the shop. It basically had a piece delaminating from the middle of the fork half way down.

Destroyer
05-28-2011, 05:13 PM
Bugger. Anyway, there is a good chance you might end up with 2011 limbs.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
05-28-2011, 05:14 PM
I know I haven't posted for a while, but everything was going so well not to mention NHL playoffs hockey with our team in the finals. Plus, looking for arrows right now, I was just about to ask a few questions.
Glad to hear this isn't a common issue, but an irregularity. I'll ask for 70 limbs.

Off topic: where can see your strings?

No, I brought it straight to the shop. It basically had a piece delaminating from the middle of the fork half way down.
Sounds like you have been busy. Go to the social group the off topic group. In the open for business section look in there for some string pics

Simple Life
05-29-2011, 05:19 AM
Sorry to hear about your limbs Stephane,hopefully they get you fixed up quick.

SL

archerx7
05-29-2011, 08:18 AM
It basically had a piece delaminating from the middle of the fork half way down.

If one of the laminations was red, those were the 4x laminated limbs and I did have a customer bring a 2010 Pantera back for the same thing. Fairly uncommon IMO as I sold quite a few 2010's with the 4x limbs and that Pantera was the only one to come back for warranty repairs and it was maxed out in both DL and DW shooting an IBO weight arrow.

Stéphane
05-29-2011, 09:46 AM
If one of the laminations was red, those were the 4x laminated limbs and I did have a customer bring a 2010 Pantera back for the same thing. Fairly uncommon IMO as I sold quite a few 2010's with the 4x limbs and that Pantera was the only one to come back for warranty repairs and it was maxed out in both DL and DW shooting an IBO weight arrow.

Nope, it was brown. I had it maxed at DW not DL. My arrows weighed 380+ gr. My pro shop guy doesn't believe a light arrow could have created that. He thinks it was just a "bad" limb. I'll start another thread about arrows.

Thanks guys!

bigredhunter00
05-29-2011, 03:12 PM
hey got some problem. My upper limb just split where the back grove for the idler wheel is held. Its a diagonal split about 3/4 of the way through. my bow guy is going to call tues and try to have them over night new limbs so i can shoot the 3d shoot next sat

Destroyer
05-29-2011, 03:35 PM
Quick take a photo!

bigredhunter00
05-29-2011, 09:00 PM
sorry already at the shop

Destroyer
05-29-2011, 09:06 PM
Doh!!!..... :d

Stéphane
06-03-2011, 04:42 PM
Well, not the news I wanted to hear today, but my bow isn't ready and my pro shop is still waiting for the limbs. And it appears that I will have to pay for the labour. My other option was to mail it to Martin and wait for it to be back. Don't know which one is better, but I'm sticking to that one.

I would like to have a Martin's phone # to see what they can do about it. I'm not hoping for much, but I'd like to hear the reasoning behind this. I thought I would have 1 year parts/labour from the pro-shop. I guessed wrong.

MLN1963
06-03-2011, 04:46 PM
I had the same choice. It was a heck of a lot cheaper ($18) to send them the bow than pay for labor.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
06-03-2011, 04:49 PM
The shops don't get reimburse for the labor that is why they have to charge. Shipping to martin is probably going to cost a little less than what the shop is going to charge in labor.
And that depends on the shop. The shop did my sons limbs for $25. and it cost me to ship to martin $22.

Stéphane
06-03-2011, 04:58 PM
I had the same choice. It was a heck of a lot cheaper ($18) to send them the bow than pay for labor.

The shops don't get reimburse for the labor that is why they have to charge. Shipping to martin is probably going to cost a little less than what the shop is going to charge in labor.
And that depends on the shop. The shop did my sons limbs for $25. and it cost me to ship to martin $22.

Man, sometimes I should not do the knee jerk reaction. Mind you, shipping from Canada is more and I'm not sure they would have switched my limbs from 60 to 70. Anyhow, live and learn.

Destroyer
06-03-2011, 06:05 PM
Mind you, shipping from Canada is more and I'm not sure they would have switched my limbs from 60 to 70.

I think you made the right choice. :)

Stéphane
06-24-2011, 05:09 PM
Well, it's going onto a month and still no limbs coming my way. I'm a bit perplexed by the amount of time needed to ship 2 limbs. They say they're waiting for them, but from whom? While I love the bow, I can't say I'm impressed with the service and availabilities of parts for repair. Next time I buy bow, I'll probably do a bit more research on how issues are dealt with.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
06-24-2011, 05:27 PM
Well, it's going onto a month and still no limbs coming my way. I'm a bit perplexed by the amount of time needed to ship 2 limbs. They say they're waiting for them, but from whom? While I love the bow, I can't say I'm impressed with the service and availabilities of parts for repair. Next time I buy bow, I'll probably do a bit more research on how issues are dealt with.Well Stéphane I believe any bow company you buy from will have the same problems. In today's economy the companies are cutting back on the amount of inventory. And some times they are building to replace and not stocking. In martins case I believe they are having limbs made as they go.

Stéphane
06-25-2011, 05:57 AM
Well Stéphane I believe any bow company you buy from will have the same problems. In today's economy the companies are cutting back on the amount of inventory. And some times they are building to replace and not stocking. In martins case I believe they are having limbs made as they go.

So, what you're saying, Hutch, is I need a spare bow. . .Uhmmm lets take a look at the catalog.
It's just a rude awakening to the fact that it is possible to miss out on hunting season should a problem arise. Not ready to buy a new bow yet, but I should check for a used one and make it ready in case of a last minute problem. Since I don't riffle hunt, I need to be prepared. Thanks for that tidbit of information.

HawgEnvy
06-25-2011, 06:11 AM
it's always a good idea to have a spare. AT classifieds as some pretty sweet deals. Run a search on Martin

Hutch~n~Son Archery
06-25-2011, 06:22 AM
So, what you're saying, Hutch, is I need a spare bow. . .Uhmmm lets take a look at the catalog.
It's just a rude awakening to the fact that it is possible to miss out on hunting season should a problem arise. Not ready to buy a new bow yet, but I should check for a used one and make it ready in case of a last minute problem. Since I don't riffle hunt, I need to be prepared. Thanks for that tidbit of information.Well Stéphane you are right. Last year I had new limbs on my 07 Bengal, that was a month before hunting season. I tuned it in and was ready. 2 weeks later one splintered up the side. I had no bow now and the daughter was ready for her first archery hunt. A month later I got a bow. Not a good feeling being out in the woods with out a bow.

bigredhunter00
06-25-2011, 07:22 AM
i am going on month and ahalf. Called martin couple days ago, and they had to make a batch of limps for my type of bow and get painted, they
should have been shipped by yesterday and i should have my bow back sometime early next week.

bfisher
06-25-2011, 09:27 AM
Well, it's going onto a month and still no limbs coming my way. I'm a bit perplexed by the amount of time needed to ship 2 limbs. They say they're waiting for them, but from whom? While I love the bow, I can't say I'm impressed with the service and availabilities of parts for repair. Next time I buy bow, I'll probably do a bit more research on how issues are dealt with.

So now maybe it's time to call Joel at the warranty dept. and voice your displeasure and find out just what the holdup is.

peace
06-25-2011, 08:49 PM
It's just a rude awakening to the fact that it is possible to miss out on hunting season should a problem arise. Not ready to buy a new bow yet, but I should check for a used one and make it ready in case of a last minute problem. Since I don't riffle hunt, I need to be prepared. Thanks for that tidbit of information.

Sorry about your limbs. Did you hear any warning sounds prior, like clicks or creaks or just when you shot the arrow before it happened? As they say with guns, "One is none, and two is one." Redundancy in all things important to you.

bigredhunter00
06-26-2011, 10:15 AM
aint nothing wrong with having a back up bow. Mine is a 1972-78 bear black bear. Its a whole different story shooting it due to its ata is almost 48
inches so its a finger shooter now. But hey in a tight squeeze it will work just as well as the martin.