PDA

View Full Version : need help identifying this bow

mes
05-29-2011, 12:42 PM
any info on this bow would be greatly appreciated. was given to me and would like to know the specs. it is a High Country Pro-Eliminator. some pics attached

Simple Life
05-29-2011, 01:45 PM
Welcome to the Martin forum,,you might have better luck at this forum for High Country bows

http://www.highcountryarchery.net/forum/index.php

Hutch~n~Son Archery
05-29-2011, 02:18 PM
Yep High Country is their own brand!

Hutch:cool:

mes
05-29-2011, 02:45 PM
thanks for the replies. asked here because the bow has Martin stamped on it

Arrow Splitter
05-29-2011, 02:51 PM
That's odd.:confused::confused: By the way, Welcome to the Martin Tech Forum.:cool:

A.S

archerx7
05-29-2011, 02:55 PM

What part of the bow has Martin stamped on it ?

Simple Life
05-29-2011, 03:15 PM
What part of the bow has Martin stamped on it ?

It has a Martin grip on it,by the looks of the pic.

Destroyer
05-29-2011, 03:40 PM
Well spotted SL. :)

Spiker
05-29-2011, 09:13 PM
This is interesting.!!!!
If you really look at the bow - everything about it looks like a Martin. Limbs, riser, grip, cable rigging, limb bolts/washers, wheels, cable rod and bracket, ...
Very interesting indeed!

Destroyer
05-29-2011, 09:16 PM
Made by Martin?

bcriner
05-31-2011, 05:49 AM
Yes, that is a very old Martin, very similar to the first Martin Cougar Magnums. They made these bows and sold them to various companies under a different name. I believe they did this for High Country when they were starting out in Idaho, before they split and became Alpine and High Country moved to TN. Martin did this also for some models and named it the Safari for another company. Kind of like what they did for Dick's. Back then even a Pro Shop could get a similar bow with their own name on it if they ordered enough.

HawgEnvy
05-31-2011, 06:10 AM
Yes, that is a very old Martin, very similar to the first Martin Cougar Magnums. They made these bows and sold them to various companies under a different name. I believe they did this for High Country when they were starting out in Idaho, before they split and became Alpine and High Country moved to TN. Martin did this also for some models and named it the Safari for another company. Kind of like what they did for Dick's. Back then even a Pro Shop could get a similar bow with their own name on it if they ordered enough.

nice history lesson. That's the same as Mossberg,Marlin,etc did for sears n roebuck,western auto,montgomery ward,n JC penny. Very interesting.

Destroyer
05-31-2011, 03:43 PM
nice history lesson.

X2 :)

So a bow with my name on it............hmmmmm ;)

jonsan63
06-01-2011, 01:48 AM
nice historical bow