PDA

View Full Version : Loose part on Nitro Cam

Sharxfan
05-30-2011, 05:08 PM
I am not sure what the part is called but on the cam it is a little pice that I believe the string rotates into at full draw. It has two allen head screws that hold it in place and it has numbers etched into it. I was shooting some today and after looking for a lost arrow I noticed a clinking sound coming from the bow. I looked down and the two screws that hold this piece on were coming loose. I went back to the house and tightened them back up. I also checked the ones on the top and they seemed to be tight. I went back out and shot about 6 more arrows and noticed that the screws had come back out. My questions are "is this normal?" and "would it hurt to but a little reversible loctite on the threads to stop this from happening?".

Hutch~n~Son Archery
05-30-2011, 05:17 PM
It is called the dl module and I would use blue loctite, so they won't come out unless you need then to.

HUTCH:cool:

Sharxfan
05-30-2011, 05:25 PM
Thanks Hutch. I was thinking blue loctite. I guess it will have to wait until I come back from Arkansas.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
05-30-2011, 05:27 PM
Thanks Hutch. I was thinking blue loctite. I guess it will have to wait until I come back from Arkansas.
If you have string wax use that, and it is sticky so it will stop them from backing out

Hutch:cool:

Destroyer
05-30-2011, 07:07 PM
My questions are "is this normal?".

Happens.

I would use blue loctite:

X2 on blue locite, just don't over tighten them, use a single allen wrench 'end on' so you don't.

justin
05-30-2011, 07:37 PM
i think the wax acts more like a lubricant than anything. you can actually tighten you mod screws tighter with wax, loctite, oil..... alot of torque specs still use an oiled fastener for a proper reading.... if that makes sense....

bfisher
06-01-2011, 02:44 AM
If I were you I'd go the Loctite route. If they keep coming loose then I'd contact Joel and their warranty department and request new modules. From shooting the bow with the screws loose the threads may have been damaged and won't hold any longer.

MLN1963
06-01-2011, 09:14 AM
It is called the dl module and I would use blue loctite, so they won't come out unless you need then to.

HUTCH:cool:

Sharxfan

DL module = Draw Length Module