PDA

View Full Version : New Limbs changing aiming point?

CarlosII
06-01-2011, 03:09 AM
I replaced my cracked 50 pounds limbs on the Shadowcat with 60 pound limbs. My point of aim is now way right. How could changing limbs make that much difference in my left/right?:confused:

all opinions welcome...even if they're not appreciated. :cool:

Speedykills
06-01-2011, 04:07 AM
Very easy,if you didnt retune bow then there ya go,it's like when you do anything major to your bow it will put it out of tune.
Strings are moved,dropaway cord isnt as tight,after something like limbs being changed i would suspect something like that to happen.

Spiker
06-01-2011, 04:22 AM
10lb increase may also cause the arrow (spine) to react differently when launched.

wick
06-01-2011, 04:49 AM
X2, Check to see if you're fishtailing directly after the arrow leaves the bow. It may be hard to notice cause the arrow will correct itself shortly therafter. You probably know this already but if you increased your poundage your arrow that was flying true at 50# will leave the bow with the nock to the left, and the opposite reaction, nock to the right if you decrease poundage with too stiff of an arrow. Maybe try paper tuning to know exactly whats going on. Good luck.

CarlosII
06-01-2011, 12:20 PM
just three pounds difference between the two settings. i just hate to have to move my scope over... on that sure-loc once you bottom out on the left/right adjustment you have to loosen stuff up and that always spells trouble for me.

thanks for the responses.

Destroyer
06-01-2011, 02:36 PM
just three pounds difference between the two settings.

Not much as far as spine is concerned, unless you were borderline before. So you have it backed off to 53lbs, 2-3 turns? Maybe the new limbs don't line up the same? Check all the specs, timing.