PDA

View Full Version : winn free flight?

boobowbender
06-02-2011, 07:46 PM
alright bow shoots great finally! but would like to see it shoot through paper. is there any chance the winn would keep it shooting left tears no matter how much i move the rest. been shooting with it for probably 15 years and kinda fond of it.
When i bought the bow i wanted it to shoot through paper and the dealer told me he's had probs with that release in the past and fiddled and fiddled but no avail, so finally with another release we got a bullet hole. i know paper doesn't mean everything,but does my release cause rob me of accuracy?
my arrows are beman and easton 340's and 29 1/4 and 30 in long. don't know draw weight, guessing 63 - 64. i've tried 100 and 125 grain tips. no real difference. i have some blue streak 250's and they are fast- alittle louder though. fly awesome and have better holes! want to use up the heavy ones this season thumping deer so those are the ones i'm more interested in.
lets hear what ya got to say, i know i seem a little picky or over concerning. i know i should just shoot it, but i wanna know everything about my setup there is to know
b

gibson 787
06-02-2011, 10:17 PM
boobow when i'm not shooting with fingers, i use both the winn C 10 and winn hook release. i have no problems with paper tuning. I would suggest maybe getting a check on the draw weight of your bow, it's possible 340 may be a little stiff. Also paper tune at different distances up to 20 yards, remember an arrow naturally flexes in flight.

Paper tuning is not the be all and end all it's sometimes made out to be, if your BHs are grouping with your points and walk back tune is good, I really wouldn't be too concerned.

bigbob29
06-02-2011, 10:23 PM
Same as Gibson, I normally shoot fingers, but my release for my hunting bow is Freeflite hook type and have never had any issues with it at all.

Destroyer
06-03-2011, 08:37 PM
so finally with another release we got a bullet hole

The problem with paper testing is you need to have good form. Any torquing of the the release can mess things up. Using a loop?

i have some blue streak 250's and they are fast- alittle louder though. fly awesome and have better holes!

The Blue Streak 250's are 0.413" spine and the 340's are of course 0.340" spine. The problem is that you have different length arrows so its not easy to compare both but you would think that the 340's would be closer. Are the easton shafts powerflight's?

Usually nock left tear is underspined. :confused:

boobowbender
06-04-2011, 01:50 PM
The problem with paper testing is you need to have good form. Any torquing of the the release can mess things up. Using a loop?

The Blue Streak 250's are 0.413" spine and the 340's are of course 0.340" spine. The problem is that you have different length arrows so its not easy to compare both but you would think that the 340's would be closer. Are the easton shafts powerflight's?

Usually nock left tear is underspined. :confused:

maybe it is how i hold my release? the eastons are epic st's nano tube something or another

Destroyer
06-04-2011, 05:06 PM
maybe it is how i hold my release?

Could be, its easy enough to do. And with the short ATA bows a good release gets more critical.

gibson 787
06-04-2011, 10:26 PM
maybe it is how i hold my release? the eastons are epic st's nano tube something or another

Were you able to find out what the correct draw weight is of your bow?