PDA

View Full Version : Slayer issues

stlhd42
06-02-2011, 10:33 PM
So I have a 2006 slayer extreme. It has the nitrous C cams and the HL mods. It is very loud and has a lot of vibration and recoil. The draw is also very rough and has very little letoff, while holding at full draw it wants to jump back if you let off an inch. On the sticker it says the shoot string is 57 3/4in and the split at 39in, which are both a half inch short of the specs. Is that an issue? Also the sticker says 29in draw which is what the archery shop told me I was, but the mod is attached to hole number 4 which is a 31in draw. Is that how those mods work, whichever hole is being used is the draw or is it the last number that can be read on the other side of the mod which is a 2 which would be 29in. I hear this is a smooth shooting bow, what do I need to do to achieve that here? Would a STS help any? Anybody know what STS works on a 2006? I am new to archery, this is my first go round. Any help is appreciated.

HawgEnvy
06-03-2011, 05:40 PM
the cougar 3 w nitrous C cams that I had was a very smooth shooting,smooth drawing bow w good speed. However,what I didn't like about it was the lack of a solid wall and a good valley. I also didn't like the string slap and installed an STS for that reason only. There was nothing loud about the bow. From the pics on AT,id say your cams are in time. But I'm not a pro by any means. Post those same pics up here for these guys to see. It won't be long,im sure.

rjd
06-05-2011, 06:50 PM
Mine was noisey also. Have put cats whiskers on the string. Got a Simms S-coil for a stab. Best thing I did was put a rear mount STS (brand) on it . Got it of AT classifieds. Also have gone as far as to put string Leeches on the cable cause they were just laying on the bench .

Going to try adding some weight to my arrows. Have been using 75 grain tips cause I have the draw weight backed all the way off. Around 55#. Just getting switched from a righty to a lefty, reason for backing the weight down.