PDA

View Full Version : drop away for the martin saber

tjp2827
06-03-2011, 05:28 AM
Anyone know of a good drop away rest for the martin saber? I have tried the Q.A.D. drop away and it would sit right on the bow.

cyclepath
06-03-2011, 08:17 AM
First off welcome to the forum. Don't know why the qad isn't working on your saber. I have one on my firecat and it works great. There should be a spacer that came with the rest, I had to use that to clear the riser. It could also be that it is set to low or to far foreward if your hitting the bow. It could also be that your nock point is to low. If you could post a pic of what you are talking about we may be able to help you more. I wouldn't give up on the qad just yet, it's a great rest.

tjp2827
06-03-2011, 09:23 AM
Thanks, well i brought it to a pro shop, and the guy had it on and said it wouldn't fit, and it wouldnt drop all the way. I'll def be going back to them and telling them about the spacer. He said he has put many of the Qad on and i figured he knew what he was doing. Thanks again, and ill let you know what happens.

HawgEnvy
06-03-2011, 05:30 PM
if it doesn't work out, try the Trophy Taker. It'll work.

Simple Life
06-04-2011, 03:59 AM
You could also try Ripcord,have one on my FC and like it alot.

MLN1963
06-04-2011, 06:38 AM
Is this a 2011 Saber with TRG? If so your guy probably needs to install the spacer that QAD supplies with the rest. I didn't think the QAD would fit my Firecat 400 until I installed the spacer. I'll try find my post for you to check out.

*Edit*

TRG Rod and QAD Rest Play Well Together With Spacer (http://martinarchery.com/mtechforum/showthread.php?9248-Firecat-400-And-QAD-Ultra-Rest-Pro-Series-Do-Play-Well-Together!!!)

cyclepath
06-04-2011, 08:10 PM
I'm not sure but I don't believe the qad hunter came with a spacer. If this is the rest you have that may be why you are having problems with it. I don't know why it wouldn't work though. Have you taken it back to the pro shop yet? Keep us up to date, and, if you're able to shoot it now we need pics ;)

MLN1963
06-05-2011, 05:51 AM
I think you can take the containment arm off the QAD Hunter if needed.