Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: night hunt success! WooHoo!

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

Default night hunt success! WooHoo! Kill pics added

the neighbors complained of a big coon raiding their bird feeder and messing up their garage so I told them I would keep an eye out. I saw one last night,had to be pushin 30lbs. I put the stalk on it and got within 10yds. Just as I was drawin down on the pest,one of our cats ran up to me and spooked it...twice that happened. Called it a night around 1:45am.

today I spent alot of time practicing at close range with BH's and the Athens. To eliminate all variables, I locked the cats in the large dog crate to avoid another failed hunt. I went out around 10pm and sat on the ol Chevy's flatbed overlooking the pit at the back of the yard where I found a goood sized burrow yesterday afternoon. I heard a grunt bout 20min of sitting. I shined around the pit w my blood trailin light(red/blue)and caught movement. I doused the light,turned on my pin light,turned on the kill light,drew back and as I did,the coon stood on it's hind legs,givin me a perfect shot. Center punched it's chest between the arms and it was lights out. It was smaller than last nights spotting,so I'm headed back out to snap pics to post up in the mornin.

so stay tuned, guys...
    Last edited by HawgEnvy; 06-08-2011 at 06:29 AM.
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Post Thanks / Like

As Arrow Splitter would say. It didn't happen if there is no photographic evidence.
    Firecat 400

Post Thanks / Like

plenty of evidence tomorrow. I just got winded by the one from last night. Gonna have to walk down the road and up the neighbors driveway to get better wind.

play by play updates. I guess smartphones are good for something. Lol
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MLN1963 View Post
    As Arrow Splitter would say. It didn't happen if there is no photographic evidence.
    Actually, that's not my line, but pics a very helpful.
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

A sharp shot indeed from a good neighbor. Good luck w/ the follow up hunt.
    Chasman, 2010 Martin Bengal 60#,Parker Phoenix 60#, Parker Hornet 70#. Hutch-n-Son strings.'Makes a lot of sense if you don't think about it!

Post Thanks / Like

are you going to make some coon skin hats.lol.good luck

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Nice job! One less nuisance in the neighborhood.
    Firecat 400

Post Thanks / Like

hopefully the pics are showing clearly. Due to the rocks in the bank I use an extra arrow/BH so I didn't ruin my HT-2's n slick tricks. I used a 28" Easton Flatline 400 tipped w a 100gr Crimson Talon Hyperspeed XT out of my 60# Athens at 12yds. My DIY kill light and Viper H1000 lighted sight worked excellent. I'm quite impressed w the entry/exit wounds. I'll post up some pics of my critter killer,too. Gotta lead by example,ya know. If the pics are crap, I apologize. I'm using my sons netbook n it's being a PITA.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice....Good shot.
    2010 Firecat TR1/MBG AMP 4-pin/Treelimb Quiver/6" Doinker Chubby/WB/ GT Ultralights
    2010 Quest Primal/MBG AMP 3-pin/Treelimb Quiver/3" Doinker Chubby/Trophey Taker/ GT Expeditions
    formerly = "Oncechance"