Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My bow is fixed

Post Thanks / Like

Default My bow is fixed

After a long wait, I am finally shooting again. I would like to thank all on this forum who added comments and suggestions as I dealt with the string failure. Thanks to Hutch n Son for making the new strings and to Simple Life for helping me locate a cam. The old cam was beyond repair and when we took the old cam off, the axle was also bad. I had quite a learning process as I went along with this. I learned my DL was not 29, but 31. The way I was shooting before was no good, so now I am starting from scratch basically with the help of the shop owner who shoots competitively and has been a huge help getting me back on track. I added more picture to my album, but here are a couple to show the bow all together.DSC05781.JPGDSC05783.JPGDSC05785.JPG
    Last edited by Money Man; 06-21-2011 at 05:24 AM.
    2012 Alien X

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sure it feels good to be shooting again!

A.S
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Arrow Splitter View Post
    I'm sure it feels good to be shooting again!

A.S
    It does, but now I realize how much I hate my sight, so time to start stashing some money for a new one. Unfortunately, adding 2 inches of DL required a new set of arrows, so that cut into the funds a little. I think I am going to try one of the HHA single pin sliders. I am catching myself looking at the wrong pin just shooting in the backyard, I don't want to do that in the woods.
    2012 Alien X

Post Thanks / Like

I have used a single pin(Truglo Range Rover) and have heard great things about the HHA. You can't go wrong with either.
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

I had an '04 Cougar 3 mag w the nitrous cams. It was a good shooter, but the DC I didn't like. Probably would have kept if it was the Fusion cam. Looks good. What did you use for the VEMs on the riser? Or are they factory pieces?
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HawgEnvy View Post
    I had an '04 Cougar 3 mag w the nitrous cams. It was a good shooter, but the DC I didn't like. Probably would have kept if it was the Fusion cam. Looks good. What did you use for the VEMs on the riser? Or are they factory pieces?
    They are limb saver pieces. They were on the bow when I got it.
    2012 Alien X

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Moneyman, Thanks for your support! And I am very glad to see you doing what is best. SHOOTING SHOOTING SHOOTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Thats a nice one,oldie but goodie......................

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Money Man View Post
    but now I realize how much I hate my sight
    Why?

Post Thanks / Like

Destroyer, I hate the sight for many reasons, although I could do something about most of them, it is easier to complain and justify buying a new one. First it is a pendulum and I hate the sight swinging back and forth, second it squeaks and rattles when I shoot, and the set screw is all boogered and it is tough to get where I need it without micro adjustments. And last, the pins are huge and it just seems like they block too much of what I am trying to see.
    2012 Alien X