Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Brand New To This sight and to Martin......

Post Thanks / Like

welcom to the martin tech forum.good to have another martin shooter on board.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Just Got Back From Marts.....

Well.....
    If anyone is ever in Poultney VT and looking for sporting goods look no further. Marts Sporting Goods is the spot to stop. It is nice to find a gem of a shop within 45 min of home. Vermont is not the easiest place to find anything especially an experienced bow expert. He had all good to say about Martin and was willing to set up the bow for me even though I purchased it elsewhere. I needed new arrows so he was going to only charge me for them. I insisted on paying him for his time and he obliged after persistence on my part.

He adjusted the following things from the stock "ready to hunt package"
    Re aligned the rest
    Lowered the peep sight just a hair
    Shortened Draw length
    Set Draw weight to 68lbs according to his scale (stated that with the change in draw length the bow was maxed out there)
    Cut a dozen arrows
    The bow draws very smooth with my current release and with the let off I feel like I can hold it back forever.
    Bow 3.jpgBow 1.jpgBow 2.jpgUltimant Goal.jpg

Rage 100 GR 3Blade
    Gold Tip Arrow
    Martin Bone Hunter
    Cobra Release

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ps

That is the Bear that terrorizes my property here in Killington VT. Hopefully this bow will be his end

Post Thanks / Like

you got a nice looking bow.glad to here you found a good shop guy.stick around long enough and you wont need to have shop guy for long.lol.

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Yup I would think that bow would be his end. Nice looking bow. Should make hunting season very interesting.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gravediggermtv View Post
    you got a nice looking bow.glad to here you found a good shop guy.stick around long enough and you wont need to have shop guy for long.lol.
    X2 GD is right. With some trial and error you will be your own pro shop.
    Last edited by Arrow Splitter; 06-22-2011 at 03:26 PM.
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Default Be your own pro shop

It is funny you all mention that. I rarely pay someone else to do something that my own tools and hands could do for me. I have been known to work on alot of my own gear. I was even a professional ski and boot tech for a wile. Quality of work and common sense does not escape me so I feel like I could work on a bow if I got the chance.

I fear I may be looking for another woman if I expand my workshop (aka our third bedroom and my office) much further. Then again a bow vice may be in order.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice lookin' bow there! I shoot and '08 - you are gonna love it. One thing I can say is if you can learn how to do all the things that your shop did for you, you will enjoy it that much more. Ton of good stuff here that will show you the way. If you can't find it. Ask and they shall come!

I started with mine being super green to tuning/set-up etc. Was shooting an old spare Cheetah my dad had and didn't have to do anything with it. Learned how to get everything set up, tuned, etc. Best thing I could have ever done because it has helped me understand how the bow is shooting and if anything starts to go "off", I know how to fix it.

Keep us posted on that bear!
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Default Manual or guide

Anyone know of a good starter bow repair manual etc? One specific to Martin would be cool.
    Martin Bone Hunter
    Cobra Release
    Gold Tip Arrows
    Rage Broad Heads
    Scent Blocker Outerwear
    And don't forget the coffee

Post Thanks / Like

i dont know if this will paste or not,but i will try http://archeryhistory.com/archerytal...of_Archery.pdf .its all you should need to tune your bow.hope it helps.and here are specs from 2009 http://www.martinarchery.com/2011/2010_older_specs.php
    Last edited by gravedigger; 06-22-2011 at 06:27 PM.