Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Who here rifle hunts as well?

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up yup i have rifles n smoke poles

yep been doin the rifle stuff fer years , all i can say if i buy another one the wifes GONNA SHOOT ME ! my rifle barn is one short of full , i have 25 rifles 243 thru 300 rum and 8 hand guns 380 thru 44 mag
    they have all served me well my goal is to take a elk or a moose , but havent had the bucks nor the time lately

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

yeah I do. It's the only chance I get to hunt with my dad. He doesn't have the stamina for it anymore, so even w firearm season it's limited to perfect weather. Not to cold,not to windy,no rain. I think I've got about 20hrs of gun hunts in over the last 10 yrs or so. So hitting the target with a gun might just be a stretch.lol. My odds of a kill are vastly increased w a bow. I'm more confident and more efficient w my bow.
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Arrow Splitter View Post
    Well, here's my boom stick(Remington 7400 30.06 semi-auto). This is an older picture. I now have see-through scope mounts and iron sights on it as well as the scope.Attachment 3120
    i totally used one of those in a 308 model back in north dakota
    2010 Rytera Nemesis. 63lbs/29dl 292 fps 384gr arrow. Sword 6 pin sight

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bigredhunter00 View Post
    i totally used one of those in a 308 model back in north dakota
    How did you like it?
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

used to hunt with a 3006 in wyoming. If i ever rifle hunt again its going to be with my dads 308. Wont shoot at nothing less than 500 yards. Try to make a challange out of it, since the gun is zeroed at 800 yards.

Post Thanks / Like

used to hunt with a 3006 in wyoming. If i ever rifle hunt again its going to be with my dads 308. Wont shoot at nothing less than 500 yards. Try to make a challange out of it, since the gun is zeroed at 800 yards.
    Nice. I like mine, just want to eventually go with something lighter, and bolt action. This is the one I have my eye on:http://www.marlinfirearms.com/Firear...Action/x7c.asp
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows

Post Thanks / Like

nice my pops 308 is a savage 111 with accu trigger bull barrel and bipod. Has a mildot burris scope on it.

Post Thanks / Like

nice my pops 308 is a savage 111 with accu trigger bull barrel and bipod. Has a mildot burris scope on it.
    Savage is a good company. As you can see, the Marlin weighs just over 6lbs. I'm amazed at how cheap it is($299 for black) and yet the reviews on it are excellent. Kinda like Martin bows I guess. Cheaper than the rest, but I'd shoot one against the other bows any day of the week.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a Savage .30-06, a Mossberg 12ga, and my Stevens .308 (made by Savage). I hunt with my father who lives in a rifle zone, but when I am home, I live in a shotgun only zone. Thanks to this 9pt, I have bloodied all of these weapons. I have had the .30-06 the longest (18 years) and have numerous deer with it. The 12ga has a couple and the .308 only 1. I can use bow during gun season also, so if I wanted to I could bow hunt all year. Which I may do until I can tag a deer with the bow.100_1440.jpg
    2012 Alien X

Post Thanks / Like

Being from Ohio I have a few options for rifle use on varmints and coyotes. We also have a black powder season for deer and can use muzzle loaders in the deer gun season as well. The gun season typically is the most popular time to use the shotgun w/ rifled slugs. No High power rifles allowed for deer. I do however cross the state line into W. Virginia every year for a week of rifle hunting; my gun of choice is my trusty Ruger .308 w/ international stock. Luv that gun. I have several more from .243 to 7mm mag. to keep w/ the " he w/ the most toys idea"...lol I also enjoy reloading and working up some of my own hunting and target rounds.
    Chasman, 2010 Martin Bengal 60#,Parker Phoenix 60#, Parker Hornet 70#. Hutch-n-Son strings.'Makes a lot of sense if you don't think about it!