Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Who here rifle hunts as well?

Post Thanks / Like

I see alll of the bolt guns on here and am leery of posting my main hunting rifle. It is an AR-15 style rifle chambered in 6.8mm SPCII. It has not been blooded yet as I have yet to see a deer at my stand. I have high hopes this year as I am changing tactics and added archery season with the purchase of the Onza 3. I also have a M&P 9 that I bring with me for snakes, an M&P15-22 for plinking fun and duck control around the house and a Remmy 11-87 for turkey ( missed season this year because of a death in the family).

Here is the main deer hunting rifle.

Scope_mounted.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sharxfan View Post
    I see alll of the bolt guns on here and am leery of posting my main hunting rifle. It is an AR-15 style rifle chambered in 6.8mm SPCII. It has not been blooded yet as I have yet to see a deer at my stand. I have high hopes this year as I am changing tactics and added archery season with the purchase of the Onza 3. I also have a M&P 9 that I bring with me for snakes, an M&P15-22 for plinking fun and duck control around the house and a Remmy 11-87 for turkey ( missed season this year because of a death in the family).

Scope_mounted.jpg
    oh ya thats nice.if i were a deer thats what i would want to be takn with.nice set up

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MLN1963 View Post
    It looks great hutch. I can buy a new one in WM for $367 but they just don't look as good as the old ones that had such nice wood. The new cheapo is very bland looking. Still an iconic gun though.
    I got it for a gift and it has seen a lot of woods. So I decided it would look better refinished. It is dark walnut wood. It is a difficult wood to refinish. But once done it looks like new.

Quote Originally Posted by gravediggermtv View Post
    the 30/30 is my favorit rifle.i will have one some day.i dont know what it is about them,but i just love the 30/30
    GD it is my most favorite gun, its my best buddy during hunting and it has been accurate as it can be.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks GD. I like it a lot. The only issue I had last year (other than lack of deer) is that the only scope I had was a 6-24x. I am hoping to purchase a 2-7x I think that it will allow closer shots than the 6x and it has plenty of mag for shots out to 200yds which is about the max where I hunt.

Post Thanks / Like

Scope_mounted.jpg
    Now that's a deer killing machine! Nice gun Sharxfan.

A.S
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Did I happen to mention that if I was a better shooter I could probably get Sub_MOA accuracy out of it? As it stands I have some form to work on and it still shoots about 1.5MOA. I just love that gun.

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Arrow Splitter View Post
    Now that's a deer killing machine! Nice gun Sharxfan.

A.S
    x2. That it one mean lookin gun! You got pics of the M&P 15/22?
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Post Thanks / Like

Sure do it's not as nice as the other but here it is....
    2c.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Sure do it's not as nice as the other but here it is....
    2c.jpg
    not as nice as the other....you got jokes.them are some nice boom sticks

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

very nice! I need one for squirrel huntin.
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340