Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Who here rifle hunts as well?

Post Thanks / Like

I want to convert my Ruger to look like this one:1226.jpgThis is the Ruger SR-22, using the same receiver that my Ruger has.
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

the sports shop down the rd stocks those @ 459.99. It'd be much cheaper to do the conversion. Have you guys ever checked out the "Cheaper than Dirt" catalogs? All kinds of aftermarket stocks.
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Cheaper than dirt is a great place to drool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HawgEnvy View Post
    the sports shop down the rd stocks those @ 459.99. It'd be much cheaper to do the conversion. Have you guys ever checked out the "Cheaper than Dirt" catalogs? All kinds of aftermarket stocks.
    Yeah, I've seen the Cheaper than Dirt catalogs, and the stocks in them are cool. I wouldn't buy the SR-22, if I did anything it would be the conversion.
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Actually what I meant was that the picture was not as nice as the first one as I shot the 15-22 in a hurry. I wish I had waited on the 15-22 and got one with the threaded barrel so that I could suppress it later if I go that route. They also have a pistol version of the 15-22 that is awesome I could just imagine taking it into the woods during bow season and seeing the look on the game wardens face when I tell him it is a .22 pistol with ratshot. I need to get one more rifle and am thinking about either a AR-10 in .308 or going another AR-15 in 5.56 to get a more common round than the 6.8mm.

813000_01_md.jpg

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm thinkin the warden would poop bricks. Lol that is awesome! How bout an SKS. Very common cartridge,plenty of mods, insanely cheap to shoot. I need to get another one.
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Post Thanks / Like

Sharxfan is the bell of the ball! I'd love to have an AR style gun to hunt with. The Remington R25 chambered in .308 would be a great addition to my arsenal, I think.

I have a Savage .308 lever action model 99 (my deer rifle), a Mossberg 12 guage pump for birds (it was my best friend's, who was killed in Afghanistan. I'm holding/using it for now until his son is old enough), and my elk rifle which is a Remington model 700 wildcat (modified gun); 7mm Mag with the action replaced by 300 action so it takes 300 H&H cartridges necked down to 7mm. shoots a 165 grain ballistic tip @ 3200 fps. Yes it will reach out and touch someone, and no u can't borrow it lol.
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

Post Thanks / Like

Hawg, you are right about the SKS but I am liking the AR platform and am really leaning towards the .308 so that I have the common round and the ability to reach out and touch something. Hmmmm, may just have to buy both then dammit.

Dammit wabbit you cut me off at the pass with the no borrowing clause. Although I have a friend in Kentucky that has offered to let me hunt his farm whenever I want and he even offered to let me borrow his .50cal rifle if I don't wnat to bring my own. Neighbors buying a .50BMG rifle soon may have to try it out one day although throwing $5 a round down range kind of kills me.

Post Thanks / Like

I use a Marlin 336 in .35 Rem, Mossberg 500 12 Ga, CVA Wolf 50 cal smokepole, and a Thompson Hawken 50 cal Smokepole
    2003 Martin Prowler SE
    2011 Hoyt Rampage XT
    Easton Arrows
    Trophy Ridge Sights
    QAD Rest
    Crimson Talon XT broadheads

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sharxfan View Post
    Hawg, you are right about the SKS but I am liking the AR platform and am really leaning towards the .308 so that I have the common round and the ability to reach out and touch something. Hmmmm, may just have to buy both then dammit.

Dammit wabbit you cut me off at the pass with the no borrowing clause. Although I have a friend in Kentucky that has offered to let me hunt his farm whenever I want and he even offered to let me borrow his .50cal rifle if I don't wnat to bring my own. Neighbors buying a .50BMG rifle soon may have to try it out one day although throwing $5 a round down range kind of kills me.
    Wow .50 cal is almost overkill for anything in the Americas! I've dropped a couple elk with my .308, and it was my dad's gun of choice before he gave it to me. Not to say that it wouldn't be fun to shoot though $5 a shot is spendy though; at least when you shoot a $15 arrow you know you'll probably get to shoot it again...
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps