Thread: Silencer Pro with Nitro cams anything to check, or common issues?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Silencer Pro with Nitro cams anything to check, or common issues?

I picked up the new Silencer Pro, 2011 model. Decided to hang onto it and set it up as soon as the slide arrives from Martin.

Just thought I'd check to see if there are any issues that are common that I can address or check before putting it through it's paces. I've seen on some bows issues with fraying cables/striings, any issues with this model?

Thank you.
    " I learned a few years ago that my wife doesn't know a thing about bows - but she can count..."

Post Thanks / Like

Had one no troubles with strings or cables had some limb issues by was just bad luck I have a cougar pro same but a little variations in the riser no troubles for a year so far
    2013 Martin Onza Xt
    2012 Martin Cougar Fc
    2011 Martin Ridge Hunter turned Silencer
    2006 Martin Cougar 4se
    Fred Bear Grizzly @ 45lbs and Shakespear wonderbow @ 50lbs
    Love bows and everything bout bow hunting!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you. One thing I changed are the module screws. I found, when I had an Alien, that Elite's rev cam screws are the same thread size, but about 2 threads shorter. This gets the screw flush on the backside, rather than protruding like the Martin's. The also have a torx head, rather than allen. That was how I came upon it. A bow I had picked up had the mod screws realllly tight, causing me to strip the head of the allen screw. Hopefully the torx screw will be a little better in that department.
    " I learned a few years ago that my wife doesn't know a thing about bows - but she can count..."

Post Thanks / Like

That's good to know thanks!
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

Post Thanks / Like

My son has this bow also, how did you remove the stripped module screw? Reason for asking, is need to change draw length and one module screw on each cam is not moving. Afraid they are going to strip out the allen head as you described, so had him stopped trying.

Post Thanks / Like

In all honesty, I would contact Martin and see about sending it in. The bow it happened on, last year, was nearly new. I tried a screw removal device without luck. I ended up replacing the cams. But - if you have a longer allen wrench and apply pressure slowly, you may be able to get it out. Just have the bow held stationary and ensure the wrench is seated completely. I had luck using a torx tip on another allen screw, on a different application in the past.

The only thing I've found more stubborn than these screws are the screws on the Octane Pro rests. Those babies just take a little pressure to make it difficult to loosen. I'm not sure if it's the thread size or metal composition, but it sure is frustrating.

7. Thanks reload1st thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

On the bow last year, I tried socket allen wrenches and there was nothing I could do to get the screw to loosen. I don't know if there is some trick to it, wish I knew for sure.

9. Thanks reload1st thanked for this post