Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: martin threshold

Post Thanks / Like

Default martin threshold

i just bought the new martin threshold from sportsmans guide.
    anyone shot this bow yet ?
    how is it good? bad? semi? lol
    please help out here i cant shoot it till the weekend so any pointers would help with this bow

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the forum! I've never shot that bow, but then again I still am shooting a 2007 Jaguar.LOL
    Obviously, when you get the bow, you'll want to go through it and make sure everything is in spec(ATA, BH, etc.). I don't know if you've done archery before, but if you need help with the setup/tuning of the bow, there are many knowledgeable members on here that are willing to help.

A.S
    Last edited by Arrow Splitter; 06-23-2011 at 03:44 PM.
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

There are better choices like a secondhand bow. Only bow within your budget?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Destroyer View Post
    Destroyer, the thing is, the bow has already been purchased. Bowhunter8point, you should be fine with the Threshold. I have seen a few people have problems, but problems can occur with any bow. If you experience any problems, Martin will take care of you.

A.S
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Destroyer View Post
    C'mon now. Be nice. I've never shot one either, but that doesn't mean it's junk although you're right. A more upscale used bow would have been a better choice, but he doesn't know that. Maybe the Threshold will suit his purposes just fine. Don't forget, we all started somewhere.

8point, just get your bow, set it up and tune it. Then enjoy shooting it. The Threshold is an entry level bow. Cast riser and different cams from the rest of the Martin lineup. Probably has the same limbs and strings as any of the Gold series bows. Just not as high tech. All this being said you may not like it. Guess you'll find out.

Just how much research did you do before purchasing? New guys often make the mistake of buying---then go asking questions such as yours. Yoou got it backwards. I'd suggest that in the future you do your homework first and write the check secondly.

Please don't take all this to heart. If you need help you can always rely on the gang here on the Tech Forum to lend a hand and/or advice. Don't be afraid to ask anything.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    C'mon now. Be nice
    I was lol!

Welcome to the forum bowhunter8point.

Post Thanks / Like

actully i bought the bow for the price i just spent $250.00 on a used bow to come and find out that the limbs were cracked and the cams needed to be replaced. so i said to myself i will never buy a used bow again lol.

overall i like the feel of the bow and it draws real smooth. but i guess time will tell how it shoots going in the morning.
    i dont plan on this bow lasting me a few years if i can get a whole season out of it i will be happy i already put a new sight,rest,stablizer, and quiver on it the stock ones were junk...
    thanks for all your help

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

actually, guys. From the pics I found inline, it looks like a Jaguar stretched from 32" to 35" AtA. A more forgiving
    Jaguar is sure to be a tack driver. Mine was no slouch in the accuracy dept. I can't see where the Threshold would be a bad shooter at all once tuned and dialed in.
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HawgEnvy View Post
    actually, guys. From the pics I found inline, it looks like a Jaguar stretched from 32" to 35" AtA. A more forgiving
    Jaguar is sure to be a tack driver. Mine was no slouch in the accuracy dept. I can't see where the Threshold would be a bad shooter at all once tuned and dialed in.
    X2 Right on.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bowhunter8point View Post
    overall i like the feel of the bow and it draws real smooth. but i guess time will tell how it shoots going in the morning.
    Let us know how it goes. The bow wouldn't be my first choice but that doesn't mean that it won't do what you want.