Thread: Is this wrong?

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default Is this wrong?

My garage had a fire this week and basically a good majority of what was in it was affected by smoke damage and or soaked from them putting out the fire. So we are sending in a claim since my wife has some really expensive stroller and all of the kid items are getting replaced. I had some old stereo stuff out there, 2 10" subs in boxes, stereo, amp and iPod. With all of that it is a pretty good chunk of money at retail, but they will send us money with depreciation value. So with that I no intention on replacing those pieces, but instead thinking about using that money for another bow ...

The wife would probably want to kill me for it, since she just bought me the Cheetah for xmas this year. That and I have to talk her into just letting me pull that money out and just set it aside and then get the bow later on, maybe after the season. Just wondering what you guys think.
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

it's your stuff that got ruined and if you'd rather replace with something that you would use and enjoy more, I'd say it's money well spent. BUT...wife n kids first. Then if there's extra, put it towards a new bow . If it were me and had enough left over, I'd find a good deal on a newer used bow. Then if there's extra after your bow purchase, send the kids to granny's and treat your wife to a romantic date. It doesn't take much to impress my wife. I made grilled cheese n onion sandwiches one night for a snack. At the last minute I broke out the candles,poured the coke into wine glasses. One of her favorite dates.
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by droppixel View Post
    So with that I no intention on replacing those pieces, but instead thinking about using that money for another bow
    If you weren't using the stuff then I see no problem except that you have a bow already. Waiting might be a good thing but who knows. Throw a few probing questions to your wife and see what happens. If she reacts badly you can always say you were joking.

Quote Originally Posted by HawgEnvy View Post
    I made grilled cheese n onion sandwiches one night for a snack. At the last minute I broke out the candles,poured the coke into wine glasses. One of her favorite dates.
    Good stuff HawgEnvy, most chicks like that sort of thing.

Post Thanks / Like

There is going to be a pretty good chunk of money. We had a $600 kid bike buggy, she had a $200 stroller, $250 travel system and the kids had a bunch of the fischer price outside things that were never used and cost a crap ton that we were actually trying to get rid of. I'm going to make the argument if I have to that those things were mine before and everything else is getting replaced, so it would only make sense that whatever portion comes out of that should be able to be used at my discretion. Having the bow I just got is my one and only hang up - so I might squat on it till end of season or when all the crazy yahoos over on AT get their tax returns and go out and buy a brand new bow and sell their 1 year old bow on the cheap. Never hurts to have 2 ... just in case

Post Thanks / Like

If you end up getting a new bow out of the deal, and your wife doesnt kill you with it, then my friend you are my hero.....

Post Thanks / Like

I'd still be most likely looking at a used rig. Too hard to pass up some of the deals that are out there on relatively "newer" bows in terms of age. 2010s and 2011s even are going for some pretty good prices with what I am looking for lately.