Thread: New Hunter

karl4hand

Default New Hunter

I have just discovered hunting at the age of 40. Last year I tried archery hunting with someone’s old bow. My limited experience hunt-ing told me I needed my own equipment and I probably should a qual-ity bow.

The local archery shop had some used bows for sale; but the salesman convinced me to try a bow package that just happened to be a Martin Saber. It had everything I needed to get started. I later bought a whisker biscuit and some Limb Savers to quite the bow even more.

I practiced off and on throughout the summer. When I had my first real chance to shoot a deer, I missed totally. But, later, as my nerves settled I became quite proficient. In total, I harvested seven (7) deer this year with my Martin Saber. Among these, was a nine-point buck that I shot from 45 yards!

I just wanted to say that I love this bow! I know it is not the top-of-the-line that you market; but it fits me like a glove. It is sturdy and reliable; yet light enough to “get around” with. I feel totally confident when I go to the deer stand that the bow will perform every time. I know that I can count on it to be reliable and, may I say, deadly!

I am totally committed to bow hunting as long as I can do it. I owe most of the credit to the Marin Saber.

Keep up the good work!

xxx
    Post Thanks / Like

That is an awesome and great story. Congratulations on the seven deer this year.

eelriver

Default You think deer is a rush?

If you want to be even more hooked than you are already........now take your bow after turkey! It can drive you nuts but you'll love it.

karl4hand

Talking

I"m going to try it this spring.

Landmine

Congrats on the 7 deer. I'm still waiting to draw on any animal. Not as many oportunities in Oregon.