Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: i got a story

Post Thanks / Like

Default i got a story

of a faild hunt that is but it was the best day of a hunt i had.last year iswhen i got into hunting thanks to my wife.i will skip the first part and move onto the real moment.my buddy and i were walking a good 10 to 15 miles a day and seen the elk but had no good shots.well the day befor we were foing to pack up and leave we were walking a road and decidd to spit off and see what we could scroug up.my buddy and i get maybe 10 yards apart and a bull stans up from his bed and starts to run off.well i throw a cow call and he stops,them my buddy throws a bull call and he starts to get dominate.hese moving back and fourth from the cow call to the bull call.after what seamed to e a lifetime of watching and waiting for him to getto a safe shot for me it happens,he wants the cow that im pretending to be.so he gets to a spot ware im thinking to my self..ok its 40 yards i can take this shot,keep in mind im hunting with a borrowed bow that i have a week of *** time on.well i draw back and take my shot.dam if that arrows goes a foot over his back.i waas more like 25 maybe 30 yards from him.long story short we toss out calls and he runs back and fourth from me and my buddy for like 5 min.i could not get another shot on him but that day will be the best day of hunting in my life.just to see him wanting to do you know what with me and fight my buddy was awsome.truly a day to remember

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gravediggermtv View Post
    i was more like 25 maybe 30 yards from him
    Its amazing how excitement can mess you up. Nice story gravediggermtv.

Post Thanks / Like

Bowhunting in citrus wma. had a BIG BUCK come out on the far side of a clear cut I was hunting off of. He came out of the tree line and started making a scrape at about 95 yards from me. I got in position and came to full draw as he crossed long ways across the cut. He stopped right in front of me at what I thought was about 60 yards (no range finder, have one now!) I put my 30 yard pin on his vitals and raised it up to the top of his back and hit the release, arrow looked dead on and then about five feet from the deer in nose dived into the grass and this buck is looking dead at me for a few and then hauled buttowski. The next year I put my range finder on the spot where he was standing when I shot and it was 73 yards.
    2003 Martin Prowler SE
    2011 Hoyt Rampage XT
    Easton Arrows
    Trophy Ridge Sights
    QAD Rest
    Crimson Talon XT broadheads

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dragonsfire311 View Post
    no range finder, have one now!
    Which one? Just orded a Simmons.

Post Thanks / Like

Halo 400 made by Wild Game Inivations
    2003 Martin Prowler SE
    2011 Hoyt Rampage XT
    Easton Arrows
    Trophy Ridge Sights
    QAD Rest
    Crimson Talon XT broadheads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Isn't it amazing!

Did you ever notice that alot of our most amazing stories and fondest memories are of the hunts that we weren't successful on!I've often wondered if it isn't our Creators way of toying with us.Like His way of saying "Just checking to see if you fully appreciate what I created for you to enjoy."Cause I'm sure He's smiling down on us every time He hears one of these stories!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Default i got a story

Im at 29 hours and 55 percent done.

Ive done a lot of the odd jobs and stuff though. Im dojng the assassinations and car stealing for stevie right now and then Ill get back to the story. I will 1000 this game.

Post Thanks / Like

Good story GD.

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Yep good story GD, and good fun.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch~n~Son Archery View Post
    Yep good story GD, and good fun.

Hutch
    thank ya sir.i left out alot off good parts,maybey i will type out the whole thing through the next week.i was just truly an awsome day.if i never get to take my elk then thats ok by me.just the wow factor of how long and how scared i was will last a lifetime.oh and the the morning leading up to it ya it was good