Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: i got a story

Post Thanks / Like

An exciting moment for sure. it's not about the kill but about the chase. The kill is just the bonus for me.

I had a Muley buck Charge me from 80 yards to 30 yards before he knew what I was. I didn't expect him to act rutty in September. I was wearing my TrophyBlend scent and using my Elk Mountain slip system with the doe decoy on the front. I was so shocked that I didn't even have to to shoulder my .58 cal Jaeger Muzzle loader. I could feel my heartbeat in my toe's i was so freaked out.

Post Thanks / Like

Last year I was hunting with some friends. I hunt from a blind (open) and they from stands. One of my friends decided to hunt across from me about 60 yards apart, covering 2 nice trails. I saw a nice doe coming down one of the trails and looked at my friend through the binos to see if he had a shot at it. He was looking at me to see if I had a shot. I was signaling him to shoot and he was telling me to take the shot. The doe was right between us, had no idea we were there, and I started cracking up, causing my buddy to crack up, the doe stopped and snorted a couple times and then just trotted off. I couldn't stop laughing so just called it a day.
    2008-2011 Martin firecat pro-x, 70#, 29" dl. Monster bows dragon 60#, 29" dl.