Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Side/Hip quivers

Post Thanks / Like

That is one saweeet rig. Now how long before you get it broke in?
    2008-2011 Martin firecat pro-x, 70#, 29" dl. Monster bows dragon 60#, 29" dl.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cyclepath View Post
    Now how long before you get it broke in?
    Depends on what happens with my cat!

Central Coast of NSW, Australia, about 1 hour drive north of Sydney.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Popeye (New Starter)

Make your own, then you can add the bits and pieces you need. Leather is the only way to go. Haven't found anything in the Australian bush that has nylon skin.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Destroyer: That looks like a great set up, I could fill all those pockets and pouches with any amount of cra....errm, essential spares.

Popeye: Welcome. I only wish I had your skill. I have made simple leather items when I was doing some falconry, but that belt and quiver are art.

BTW: I went to a knife show last week and found a company that was selling leather with camo and other designs laser printed on it. Now there's an idea for some gear.

DSC_0093.jpg
    Dedicated Finger Shooter.

Shadowcat(s) with Barnsdale limbs: Davis The System, Free Flyte rest.

Central Coast of NSW, Australia, about 1 hour drive north of Sydney.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Popeye

Quote Originally Posted by NeilMac View Post
    Destroyer: That looks like a great set up, I could fill all those pockets and pouches with any amount of cra....errm, essential spares.

Popeye: Welcome. I only wish I had your skill. I have made simple leather items when I was doing some falconry, but that belt and quiver are art.

BTW: I went to a knife show last week and found a company that was selling leather with camo and other designs laser printed on it. Now there's an idea for some gear.

DSC_0093.jpg
    NeilMac. The best part of DIY is that you can make the accessories to suit your needs. I have a water bottle (600ml), utility pouch, compound bow stand, pocket knife, arrow puller and the quiver. I have four tubes that will hold at least 16 Platinum Plus XX75 aluminium arrows. They hold much more of the acc arrows. If things get too heavy during a FITA 144 I have a shoulder strap to assist in taking the weight. In the case of leather, a couple of needles and rivets is all you need. The reason my stuff is carved is because I have been doing this since 1964. Have a go.

popeyeP7180014.jpg

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NeilMac View Post
    I could fill all those pockets and pouches with any amount of cra....errm, essential spares.
    Yeah same here, it will end up with all sorts of crap then it will be to heavy and I'll end up going back to just a quiver and belt.

Quote Originally Posted by popeye View Post
    In the case of leather, a couple of needles and rivets is all you need. The reason my stuff is carved is because I have been doing this since 1964. Have a go.
    That is AWESOME popeye, very nice work! No way I could do that.