Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: a opionion needed

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up a opionion needed

I was trying to find out from folks that had the cable rod ,and changed up to the new TRG , I was thinkin about changein mine over ,but I wanted a little feed back , Dose it require any special maintenance, Is it difficult to set up or tune ? , without STRING SUPPRESSOR , will it make my bow louder , as i do not have one on it ,its a saber 08 acutrack cam lol and old but still wacks a arrow great ! mike

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't bother, the TRG is still having problems and has not been perfected yet.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

From posts I've read and pics I've seen I would hold off a while. I generally encourage technology based advancements but in this case there are some bugs to be worked out. I do not have the system on my bow; this is just based on observation. Sometimes change is not advancement.

cj
    Chasman, 2010 Martin Bengal 60#,Parker Phoenix 60#, Parker Hornet 70#. Hutch-n-Son strings.'Makes a lot of sense if you don't think about it!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cjchasman View Post
    From posts I've read and pics I've seen I would hold off a while. I generally encourage technology based advancements but in this case there are some bugs to be worked out. I do not have the system on my bow; this is just based on observation. Sometimes change is not advancement.

cj
    Ditto..............

Post Thanks / Like

Wait awhile Polaris,as the others have stated,there is some minor problems with the system,I have one and had no problems at first,but I am starting to see string wear,went to the shop and the new replacement cable slide and rod is on the way.

SL

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

from what I can tell, Martin should take a hard look at Athens' TRG/SOS that's used on the Affliction. My opinion is from reading reviews and seeing pics of both. I've not had any hands on experience w either system.
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Post Thanks / Like

I would hold off too. Some love it and some dispise it. I don't know the percentages of each since you seem to hear from people who are upset more than people that are content. but with that said I would play it safe and wait to see what direction Martin will go with its system. But if you can't contain yourself and want to experiment with it any way I would get the SOS on it too. My shooting string would occasionally strike the TRG without it and it strarted to fray the serving a little.
    2011 Exile/01 Panther
    Rage/Muzzy
    TruGlo
    Easton Arrows
    Blazer Vanes

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Forget the TRG, I kinda don't like it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cjchasman View Post

cj
    X3

A.S
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Default Solid Advice as others have said....

Quote Originally Posted by hutch~n~son archery View Post
    don't bother, the trg is still having problems and has not been perfected yet.

Hutch
    x2,3,4,....