Thread: Martin 2000 holding weight not enough!

Hybrid View

markdenisr

Default Martin 2000 holding weight not enough!

Can anyone advise me on what I can do to increase the holding weight on my Martin Cougar 2000 bow. With the limbs bottomed out, it is 45 lbs. The holding weight is only about 11 lbs. which is way, way to light causing it to be so critical it is impossible to shoot accurately. It has a Fuzion cam on the bottom limb with a round wheel on the top limb.

Thanks, Mark R
    Last edited by markdenisr; 01-23-2007 at 04:45 PM.

cdfirefighter1

what is hte let off on the cam??? if it is not already you can get a 65% let off mod for it

markdenisr

Thanks for your reply. What setup would you suggest to end up with somewhere around 50-55lbs. total weight and between 15-20 lbs. holding weight?
    Do I need to change limbs and cams...If so, what is the most accurate combination on the market I can put on this Cougar 2000 riser?
    Mark
    Last edited by markdenisr; 01-25-2007 at 03:13 PM.

cdfirefighter1

55# with a 65% let off mod should give you about 19# of holding weight

cdfirefighter1

if your bow maxes out at 45 # then to get up to 55 Im sure you will need new limbs... as for the holding weight if you max at 45# then a 65% mod will give you about 15# of holding weight.. I think you are at 75% now as for the limbs or getting a max of 55# if you go to archerytalk.com and PM joel C or PUG they can help you out or call martin archery and talk to joel or jake.. mark
    Last edited by cdfirefighter1; 01-25-2007 at 08:04 PM.

markdenisr

cdfirefighter1:
    Thanks for the info. I will call Martin tomorrow....Mark