Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: While at a shoot with my martin.......

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HawgEnvy View Post
    I love my Athens. That's going to be the next string set you build for me.
    That's just sad.LOL
    Seriously, I do like some of the Bowtech/Diamond line, but I'll probably always shoot Martin because at least after buying a Martin I won't be in bankruptcy.

A.S
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

Athens is similar to Martin in a way. They don't advertise, so they're pretty unknown except to the lucky ones that have had the pleasure of shooting them. Since there an "off-brand", they can be had for cheap. A 2010(like I've got) can be had for the same price,sometimes less than a Cheetah,Bengal,etc. For a bow of that quality at that price, w the real world speed(chrono'd by PO @ 297fps max wt 62.3#),silky smooth draw,solid wall,easy to tune, splittin hairs on a flys *** at 40yds....i could go on and on. I love my Athens and my Cheetah. I won't be w/o either of them. If your in the market for another bow,or aren't happy w the Martins like a few on here that have ranted about and want another brand, SHOOT AN ATHENS! Trust me,youll LOVE it.
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Post Thanks / Like

I don't really have a problem with my martin, even though I have had problems with my martin. To be honest I don't think the rep on their compounds are founded. Yes they have a good price and good bows, although not very accurate stats for them. You can't get close to the advertised speed which is something that people expect from a fast bow. I really enjoy shooting my firecat and am getting decent speed although not what others are getting with bows advertised with lower fps. I have to say that I probably enjoy shooting my viper alittle more than the firecat but I've always enjoyed shooting traditional more I think. Martins quality has never been in question with their trad bows and fetch a high price which people are willing to pay. My viper costs 150 dollars more than a firecat 400 and more than some other bows as well. I think people who shoot martin trad stuff would get very upset if they have a problem with any martin bow compound or otherwise. At some point I will upgrade to a newer bow and will look at different make bows but for now I'm happy with what I have.
    2008-2011 Martin firecat pro-x, 70#, 29" dl. Monster bows dragon 60#, 29" dl.