Thread: AeroDynamics Nitro Stingers "orange label"

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

Default AeroDynamics Nitro Stingers "orange label"

so I've had these arrows for awhile and at 30yds I destroyed them all shooting groups. I have only one left that I found earlier today. Just for kicks I wanted to see what kind of long range accuracy I could get from them.

my rig: Athens Acc 34,28.5"/60#,Viper H-1000 sight w two pins set at 25/35yds.

range:65yds. Never attempted beyond 40yds until 30min ago.
    Target: 20"x33" chunk of scrap 3/4" plywood w 3"-ish red dot spray painted on.

I never did hit the red dot out of 5 shots. Closest was 2" high,1.5" left. Mind you, I'm aiming at 65yds w my 35yd pin. P.O.A was approx 3' above the plywood. Lol. Yeah, imma professional!

I fully expected to hit the board at 65yds. What I didn't expect was the penetration. 1.75" sticking through the back of the target. WOW! Pulling the arrow out was futile. Aint happenin'. So I grab a 2' chunk of galvanized pipe outta the scrap pile and pound it out, figuring it would pound the glue-in FP into the shaft...negative. No damage at all to the point or shaft. I did that 5 times.

my point: nothing really. I had fun and realized what a tough arrow really is about. And,yes,i snapped a pic of the first shot. Both sides of the target. Just have no computer access today.
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Post Thanks / Like

Default fine tune tip

Hawg, it sounds like you had a blast. That is mostly our purpose. A couple of tips though...add a pin to your sight if possible and get a bigger piece of pipe. lol

cj
    Chasman, 2010 Martin Bengal 60#,Parker Phoenix 60#, Parker Hornet 70#. Hutch-n-Son strings.'Makes a lot of sense if you don't think about it!

Post Thanks / Like

soon as I get my new strings from Hutch(on the way)im going to sight the cheetah in for 65 yds just for fun w my fixed single pin sight.
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Post Thanks / Like

B4 I started reading this forum I praticed at 40 yds. and under. Reading about some of the members shooting longer distances made me try it myself. I'm out to sixty yds.now and still not happy w/ my groups. But as I said in another post ...it sure makes your 30 yd shots seem easier.
    Have fun.
    cj
    Chasman, 2010 Martin Bengal 60#,Parker Phoenix 60#, Parker Hornet 70#. Hutch-n-Son strings.'Makes a lot of sense if you don't think about it!

Post Thanks / Like

AeroDynamics Nitro Stingers "orange label"
    Ive never even heard of these arrows,must be some tough ones.
    2008 Martin Firecat Pro x,Martin mounted ripcord rest,Sword twilight hunter site,G5 maglock quiver,carbonx stab,H&S custom threads.

Post Thanks / Like

SK, check em out online. They're still available. They're the first tapered shaft design on the market. They don't use a common size nock and insert. They have to be ordered from the company. $120/dz IIRC. They are very tough and fly great,though.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Strange looking shafts, never seen them before. Any trouble fletching them?

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know about refletching them. When I called every archery shop within 100 miles and could find nocks I bought other arrows. Shouldn't be any different than fletching an Easton ACC 3-49 shaft though