Thread: AeroDynamics Nitro Stingers "orange label"

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

Default AeroDynamics Nitro Stingers "orange label"

so I've had these arrows for awhile and at 30yds I destroyed them all shooting groups. I have only one left that I found earlier today. Just for kicks I wanted to see what kind of long range accuracy I could get from them.

my rig: Athens Acc 34,28.5"/60#,Viper H-1000 sight w two pins set at 25/35yds.

range:65yds. Never attempted beyond 40yds until 30min ago.
    Target: 20"x33" chunk of scrap 3/4" plywood w 3"-ish red dot spray painted on.

I never did hit the red dot out of 5 shots. Closest was 2" high,1.5" left. Mind you, I'm aiming at 65yds w my 35yd pin. P.O.A was approx 3' above the plywood. Lol. Yeah, imma professional!

I fully expected to hit the board at 65yds. What I didn't expect was the penetration. 1.75" sticking through the back of the target. WOW! Pulling the arrow out was futile. Aint happenin'. So I grab a 2' chunk of galvanized pipe outta the scrap pile and pound it out, figuring it would pound the glue-in FP into the shaft...negative. No damage at all to the point or shaft. I did that 5 times.

my point: nothing really. I had fun and realized what a tough arrow really is about. And,yes,i snapped a pic of the first shot. Both sides of the target. Just have no computer access today.
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Post Thanks / Like

Default fine tune tip

Hawg, it sounds like you had a blast. That is mostly our purpose. A couple of tips though...add a pin to your sight if possible and get a bigger piece of pipe. lol

cj
    Chasman, 2010 Martin Bengal 60#,Parker Phoenix 60#, Parker Hornet 70#. Hutch-n-Son strings.'Makes a lot of sense if you don't think about it!

Post Thanks / Like

soon as I get my new strings from Hutch(on the way)im going to sight the cheetah in for 65 yds just for fun w my fixed single pin sight.
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Post Thanks / Like

B4 I started reading this forum I praticed at 40 yds. and under. Reading about some of the members shooting longer distances made me try it myself. I'm out to sixty yds.now and still not happy w/ my groups. But as I said in another post ...it sure makes your 30 yd shots seem easier.
    Have fun.
    cj
    Chasman, 2010 Martin Bengal 60#,Parker Phoenix 60#, Parker Hornet 70#. Hutch-n-Son strings.'Makes a lot of sense if you don't think about it!

Post Thanks / Like

AeroDynamics Nitro Stingers "orange label"
    Ive never even heard of these arrows,must be some tough ones.

Post Thanks / Like

SK, check em out online. They're still available. They're the first tapered shaft design on the market. They don't use a common size nock and insert. They have to be ordered from the company. $120/dz IIRC. They are very tough and fly great,though.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Strange looking shafts, never seen them before. Any trouble fletching them?

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know about refletching them. When I called every archery shop within 100 miles and could find nocks I bought other arrows. Shouldn't be any different than fletching an Easton ACC 3-49 shaft though