Thread: who's switching from TRG/SOS to cable rod/slide

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

Default who's switching from TRG/SOS to cable rod/slide

alot of talk about this subject lately and just wondering who's actually going to make the switch...FOR SURE. I really would like one or two of the TRG set-ups to tinker with in an attempt to figure out a workable solution for an innovative system that just needs some bugs worked out. I have one carbon rod,one aluminum rod,and one slide if someone wants to swap. I'm positive I can make it work. I've been builing my own mounts and brackets for years for my trucks,mowers,go karts,etc. I'm sure I can handle the task of making the TRG functional.
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Post Thanks / Like

I've switched, I'm trying to sell the bow and want to include the factory parts with it. If it doesnt sell for some reason, I have no use for it, so you could have it.
    "If Darwin saw the same sunrise and sunset, that I see from a duck marsh, or my tree stand; then he would know there is a God, and that He created all of it." -Ford-

Post Thanks / Like

made the switch, but my dealer kept it when he swapped them out. probably going back to martin to get the parts replaced he put on my bow
    2011 Firecat 400, sword twilight hunter, apa twister, lots of arrows

Post Thanks / Like

Parts are on the way to me.

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

it's only "fixed" until I get my hands on one. Then it will be repaired. Horizontal adjustment is what I'm thinking so the vanes have proper clearance
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy 2011martin pantera problems

I switched to a slide/rod and have nothing but problems. The bow feels different at full draw and now I can't fully see my sight appiture. The first time I shot my bow after the swap I was shooting 18 inches low ar 50 yards, I adjusted my sights but can't seem to get the accuracy I was before. Anyone have any suggestions?

Post Thanks / Like

Default RE: archery guy

Need to set your bow up from scratch maybe,get your knock height,center shot,then start tune process over again.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Archery guy View Post
    The bow feels different at full draw and now I can't fully see my sight appiture.
    Sounds like your draw length has changed. Do you use a peep sight?
    Last edited by Destroyer; 07-27-2011 at 03:10 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I like the innovation behind this, I think they just need to kick it up a notch and find a material that isn't going to wear down and cause the issue with the strings/cables that everyone is complaining about and experiencing.

I would like to think there is another plastic/resin/something that will fit the bill.
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff