Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: new toy

Post Thanks / Like

Default new toy

Hey guys,
    I just bought a 2006 bowtech equalizer off ebay, for a great price. 27 dl, 60lb limbs, qad drop away rest, and cobra 5 pin sight. I have a short draw length so I think this bow will work well.
    Any thoughts and opinions, anyone have one? any advice? any issues?
    I know its not a martin, I'm not a martin hater, just us short arm guys have slim pickens in faster bows. I dont have pics yet, bow will come in the mail this weekend I hope. I'm excited........
    "If Darwin saw the same sunrise and sunset, that I see from a duck marsh, or my tree stand; then he would know there is a God, and that He created all of it." -Ford-

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats Ford,can;t help with info on the Bowtech,but should be a shooter.

SL

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, I've got lots of stuff to play with as well. I got the extreme rear sight from extreme outdoors, it replaces the peep. Sims string stop, plus the stuff that comes on the bow. All of this in boxes waiting for the bow to get here; and I just replaced the feathers on my gold tips with some blazers. This stuff will all be helpful, or one big pain the butt to get tuned and shooting properly. But I guess thats the fun of it.
    "If Darwin saw the same sunrise and sunset, that I see from a duck marsh, or my tree stand; then he would know there is a God, and that He created all of it." -Ford-

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Last of the good Bowtech's according to this.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3th_WScUEw

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

congrats on the new bow. Post pics when you get it. Your still shootin', I doubt anyone will flame you for your Bowtech.
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on a new bow,i know nothing about them though.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HawgEnvy View Post
    I doubt anyone will flame you for your Bowtech.
    I certainly won't. Bowtech is an excellent company, with excellent products.
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Congrats ford, enjoy it!

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys. I will give you a full report when I get it and have everything set up and shoot a bit. I have a feeling bows are going to be much like guns to me. One is never enough the more the better

Post Thanks / Like

just a quick update: the bow arrived in the mail today. At work, so I cant shoot it yet. First glance everything looks in great condition, no big scratches or anything. String is in decent condition. Draw cycle is a little hard. I only pulled it with fingers, but you definately pull weight a lot earlier in the draw cycle then my exile. But has a nice valley. Smooth draw through out, just quick and a little hard. Will take a little time to get use to.
    The best part about the deal, is I knew there was a sight and rest on it. But i didnt know the series, just the manufacturer. All is said and done it has $120 cobra 5 pin sight, and a $100 qad drop away rest. So I just paid retail price for a used cobra sight and qad rest, and got a free bow thrown in. I'm thrilled!