Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Broadheads!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Broadheads!!!!!!!!!!!

You guys shooting 280fps+ what broadheads are you using,Im using muzzy mx-3 now fly great just curious what everybody else is using.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm at 298 fps with my FC400, and I'm getting very good results with both Slick Trick 100 gr. Magnums, and 100 gr. Shuttle T-Locks. Getting very nice groups out to 50 yards so far. The T-Locks do appear to be grouping slightly tighter at that distance, both both are well within the kill zone on a whitetail.
    2008 Moab 70# The deer killing bow
    2008/12 Firecat 60#--- 2010 Warthog 70#
    2009 Warthog 70#---2009-10-12? Warthog Frankenbow with Nitrous B
    2010 Strother SR-71 65# & 2012 Strother Rush 65#
    2012 Strother SX Rush 60# & 2011 Strother Infinity 70#
    BSD strings and cables

Yeah, I know I'm grumpy and opinionated.

Post Thanks / Like

im at 270 something i believe still havent chronoed but i will be using the epek xc3s
    2010 Rytera Nemesis. 63lbs/29dl 292 fps 384gr arrow. Sword 6 pin sight

Post Thanks / Like

i use muzzy 3 blade at 308fps and shoot good

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Bad To The Bone Still King Here...

Muzzy MX-4s, and also Rocky Mountain Premiers all 100gr which I like for the cut on contact.

Really thinking about trying the VPA Terminators 100gr and 125gr. Haven't found a mechanical that I am 100% ready to give an opportunity to.

Post Thanks / Like

Right at 295 and using 100 gr. Shuttle T-Locks.
    I'm a Lefty

2011 Martin Ridge Hunter
    2012 Rytera Alien Z
    2008 Diamond Marquis
    2008 Diamond Marquis
    2009 Bowtech Sentinel
    2009 Bowtech Sentinel

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rage

Why well because the field tips, practice broad heads, and the real thing all group in the same spot without sight adjustment. Also I experimented with my old bow last year shooting out of my ground blind and they worked reliably using that.

Vermonter
    Martin Bone Hunter
    Cobra Release
    Gold Tip Arrows
    Rage Broad Heads
    Scent Blocker Outerwear
    And don't forget the coffee

Post Thanks / Like

my input is minimal since I havent harvested a deer, but I bought a few packs of the crimson talon x system broadhead. 100 gr. It has a 7/8 fixed main blade, with a two blade mechanical that opens to an inch and half. All blades are offset from the opposing group of blades, so its like having a four blade. They have a low profile, no orings, snap back in place, not considered barbed, so not illegal here in ny. And they come 3 in a pack with three turbine tip practice heads. They have a twist in the main blade to create spin, better wound channel and flight they claim. I was shooting around 240 which is slow I know, but getting groups less then an inch at 20 and an inch and a half at 30. Didnt have to change my sights, and keep in mind I'm new at archery and cant shoot that well to begin with, so my practice tips arent any tighter. Also I was using borrowed arrows, and later found out the feathers had a left hand twist, so they were fighting one another in flight, and still had those good of groups.I was impressed with the flight, and they look like they will put a nasty hole in something, while still having a cut on contact tip. A guy on ebay had them for 15 dollars free shipping, everywhere else 30-40. Just a thought. Its worth it just for the experiment to see how they fly. my 2 cents.
    oh and I had only bought one pack, shot them and was impressed and bought another pack immediately after. I have 6 broadheads, and 6 practice tips for 30 dollars. Be aware there are no replacement blades sold, and sharpening the main blade with the twist may be difficult. a lot of guys kill a few deer, then throw the head out. But I've heard as many as 5 deer killed with the same head.
    "If Darwin saw the same sunrise and sunset, that I see from a duck marsh, or my tree stand; then he would know there is a God, and that He created all of it." -Ford-

Post Thanks / Like

I am new to bowhunting this year but I got a three pack of NAP Shockwave mechanical broadheads. They are a three blade design that flip out on contact with an O-ring to hold them in place in flight. I have only been practicing with field tips as of now but will switch closer to hunting season. I am shooting at ~281 fps so we will see what happens.

Post Thanks / Like

289, nothing but magnus buzzcuts and G5 strikers