Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Poison Ivy Help

Post Thanks / Like

Default Poison Ivy Help

Hey folks I need some input on poison ivy elimination. I put a walking course of 4 or 5 targets in my woods every year for practice and this years crop of ivy is everywhere. I could hardly find any ground free of it. Must be due to the rainy spring. I have to be careful w/ sprays (herbicides) due to my drinking water issues (well)... I have been cutting vines and spraying w/ a round up type product trying to keep it out of the trees but I'm not able to keep up. Any advise???? In some areas the ground is like carpet w/ ivy.
    Chasman, 2010 Martin Bengal 60#,Parker Phoenix 60#, Parker Hornet 70#. Hutch-n-Son strings.'Makes a lot of sense if you don't think about it!

Post Thanks / Like

crossbow spray,or cornerstone plus.i use cornerstone at the cemetery when i spray my hillside.it kills everything.i buy it from wilco.42.00 for a 2.5 gallon's.just dont use fire if you breath it it will have the same results as if you touched it.but in your lungs.

Post Thanks / Like

Without poison, the only way to eliminate poison ivy is to dig it up. Make sure that you don't breath too much of it(wear a mask) and make sure you're 100% covered. I saw others tape their gloves and their pant legs up as well.
    Last edited by Arrow Splitter; 06-30-2011 at 06:25 PM.
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, I was slow on the draw.
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gravediggermtv View Post
    just dont use fire if you breath it it will have the same results as if you touched it.but in your lungs.

Glad we don't have it here. I wonder if burning similar plants has the same effect?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Destroyer View Post

Glad we don't have it here. I wonder if burning similar plants has the same effect?
    i would not doubt it.the way is see it is,if you can touch it and it gives your skin problems then if you burn it it will give you lungs problems.i only know about the burning thing because of a guy who used to work for the cemetery below me.we had dug up a bunch of poison ivy and oak then i went on my marry way and dude stood by as fire watch,well it put him in the hospital.

if you do dig up poison ivy then dig a good 12 inches and back fill.if you dnt them rootswill just sprout up again and again.best off to spray over a period of 2 or 3 weeks.light sprays every 2 or 3 days so you dont soak the ground but you do keep a light coat of spray on what you want to kill

Post Thanks / Like

You could use RoundUp for Poison Ivy. It used to come in a white bottle with a yellow cap. The nice thing about RoundUp is that once it is in the soil for 7 days it breaks down and at the end of 7 days you are good to go. I use it on cattails in my pond all the time and it gets in the water then my duck drink the water and so far no side effects other than a bumper crop of baby ducks this year and a lot of giant fish.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sharxfan View Post
    You could use RoundUp for Poison Ivy. It used to come in a white bottle with a yellow cap. The nice thing about RoundUp is that once it is in the soil for 7 days it breaks down and at the end of 7 days you are good to go. I use it on cattails in my pond all the time and it gets in the water then my duck drink the water and so far no side effects other than a bumper crop of baby ducks this year and a lot of giant fish.
    the only problem i have with round up is that it cost way way too much.cornerstone plus is a generic roundup and is only 42.00 per 2.5 gallons of concentrate.its works as good if not better,i have been testing and trying all sorts of spray at the cemetery for 8 years and cornerstone plus is by far the best one i have found.this is a fact.

Post Thanks / Like

I had never heard of Cornerstone before. Whatever works is what I say. i use generic all the time Roundup is a killer on the wallet.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sharxfan View Post
    I had never heard of Cornerstone before. Whatever works is what I say. i use generic all the time Roundup is a killer on the wallet.
    x2.it took 8 years of buying roundup befor my spray suplyer told me about cornerstone.my jaw hit the floor when he told me the price.my board of directors are very happy too.a few people i know bought cornerstone since i have found it and they made the switch.its just crazy how much roundup cost.wilco carries it.other then that i dont know who else does.